Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Vacant Job For Country Manager at Coffey International
Vacant Job For Country Manager at Coffey International
May 21, 2019, 9:50 PM
Coffey International Development has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Manager Job no: 497813 Location: Abuja Categories: International development Work type: Contract Duration: 1 year contract in the first instance, rolling extensionThe ProgrammeHow to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
- The ACE Business programme focuses exclusively on developing a market for individual solar systems (this includes multiple lighting solar kits)
- The programme aims to overcome many of the barriers preventing the development of markets for high quality solar systems, while complementing, not duplicating, DFID’s existing programmes and related initiatives of other donors.
- The Africa Clean Energy (ACE) Technical Advisory Facility (TAF) programme will catalyse a market-based approach for private sector delivery of Renewable Energy electrification technologies, with a specific focus on high quality stand-alone solar systems (including SHS’s and a range of productive use products and services)
- This will lead to improved access to modern energy services for people and communities in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), with an emphasis on poor people and marginalised groups
- ACE TAF is seeking Country Managers based in Ethiopia, Malawi, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Uganda, Zambia to support the programme
- In Nigeria, the CM will be responsible for developing and implementing a pipeline of activities aligned with government priorities and the overall ACE TAF strategy
- They will generate and maintain a good working relationship with the respective Ministry of Energy, other government authorities, industry associations, and act as a facilitator between ACE TAF and key stakeholders, including but not limited to; DFID local offices, government ministries and institutions, private sector, business associations and ACE Implementing Partners to ensure continued buy-in and alignment of ACE TAF objectives to country priorities.
- Coordination and collaboration across stakeholders, including DFID local office, ensuring that key stakeholders are well informed about the programme’s activities and goals; and ensuring ACE TAF is most cost effectively implemented.
- Act as a facilitator between ACE TAF and key stakeholders, including but not limited to; DFID local offices, government ministries and institutions, private sector, business associations and ACE Implementing Partners to ensure continued buy-in and alignment of ACE TAF objectives to country priorities.
- Ensure effective, timely and high-quality delivery of interventions and deliverables.
- Develop terms of reference, and task orders for in-country interventions.
- Oversee and supervise the work of short-term technical experts.
- Develop monthly reports on key programme activities, problems and action points.
- Contribute to cross cutting activities including knowledge management; monitoring and evaluation; development of terms of reference; or report writing, supporting the Leadership Team in Nairobi.
- Responsible for being the contact point for the London and Nairobi Risk and Security Teams for any security-related matters in their respective country.
- Ensure to highlight at the first opportunity any issues or risks that may arise.
- Perform any other duties that might arise within the project activities.
- Develop and maintain working relationship with Ministry of Energy and other government authorities.
- Develop and maintain working relationship with industry associations.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a pipeline of activities aligned with government priorities and the overall ACE TAF strategy.
- Provide direction and manage ACE TAF daily programme implementation and overall coordination of programme delivery.
- Work independently and remotely from the project team.
- Travel to the Kenya office and other regional countries may be required.
- Practical experience of advising and guiding consultants to ensure effective implementation of programme activities.
- Working knowledge of approaches to economic development and inclusive growth.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Excellence in networking and advocacy
- At least 10 years of professional experience working with governments on policy and regulatory reform on energy and/or economic development programmes.
- Practical experience coordinating across donor, government and other stakeholders in the energy sector.
- Demonstrated experience designing, delivering and leading on energy strategies for donor-funded projects.
- Understanding of the off-grid energy sector in their respective Country.
- Prior work experience for DFID or other donors, governments or international think tanks.
- Experience working on multi-country programmes, and/or work experience in multiple sub-Saharan African countries.
- Knowledge of M&E systems and how to integrate and capture field-based indicators.
- Experience leading and delivering policy research.
Application Deadline 31st May, 2019.
Note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts