Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Vacant Job For Medical Coordinator at Premiere Urgence Internationale
Vacant Job For Medical Coordinator at Premiere Urgence Internationale
May 29, 2018, 6:40 PM
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Medical Coordinator Location: Maiduguri, Borno Fixed-term contract: 12 months Starting Date: June 2018 Overall objective
- The Medical Coordinator is responsible for the success of the mission’s medical strategy and the quality of current and future medical programmes at the definition, implementation and evaluation phases.
- He/She provides support to health and nutritionprogramme managers and health technical advisors who report to them on the basis of a dotted-line relationship.
- In the context of health and nutrition activities opening in a new area of intervention, the Medical Coordinator strongly supports
- the team for the development and the implementationof medical protocols and activities according to the national and international standards in order to insure the quality of medical care provided in the primary health centre facilities, the health outposts and the mobile clinics supported by PUI.
- This includes, but is not limited to, medical staff recruitment, definition specifications for pro curement of health related supply, work or services (such as health facilities rehabilitation), capacity building of staff, and organisation, planning and implementation of health and nutrition activities
- Working alongside the Head of Mission and cooperating closely with the field coordinator, he/she contributes to the development of new medical initiatives for the mission. He/She carries out epidemiological monitoring for the country and analyses strengths and weaknesses from the point of view of public health.
- He/She ensures that medical programme(s) are in line with PUI’s health policy and monitors them for quality and efficacy.
- He/She represents the association to partners, authorities and local stakeholders involved in implementing medical programmes. He/she actively attend health working group and coordination mechanisms for health intervention.
- He/She support the medical team (PUI employees), provides regular capacity building and trainings according to the needs, provides support to programme managers for recruiting technical staff and supervises technical training activities on the basis of identified needs.
- He/She ensures the activities for which he/she is responsible comply with logistical and administrative procedures.
- He/She contributes to compliance with safety rules within the mission and communicates any safety-related information to the Head of Mission. He/She ensures healthcare is provided for expatriate staff involved in the mission.
- Medical training OR Paramedic training + Public health
- Medical internship
- Humanitarian experience in a similar field.
- Pack Office (excel is mandatory)
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative and take responsibility
- Proactive approach to making proposals and identifying solutions
- Ability to work and manage professionally and maturely
- Ability to integrate into the local environment, taking account of its political, economic and historical characteristics,
- Resilience to stress
- Diplomacy and open-mindedness
- Good analytical skills
- Organisation and ability to manage priorities
- English Mandatory.
- From 2200 up to 2530 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI.
- Cost Covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily Living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leave Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts