WASH / Food Security & Livelihood Officer at Gembu Centre for HIV / AIDS Advocacy, Nigeria
Gembu Centre for HIV / AIDS Advocacy, Nigeria (GECHAAN) is a Faith-based, Community Driven, Non-profit Making, Non-political, Non-governmental organization in Nigeria registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission since 2005 under number 19247. We focus in Health, Food security and livelihood, WASH and Peace building. After several years of grassroots HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment, GECHAAN is already well known and recognized on the Mambila Plateau and the entire Central and southern Senatorial Zones of Taraba State.
CBM International is collaborating with us (GECHAAN) in the implementation of the BMZ-Transitional Development Aid funded Project in Taraba State, towards strengthening the resilience of vulnerable households in selected communities in Sardauna and Kurmi LGA’s, with focus on three complementary and interlinked components in the areas of Food Security and Livelihood, WASH, Protection and Peaceful coexistence.
To successfully implement the BMZ-TDA project, we are recruiting qualified personnel to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH / Food Security & Livelihood Officer
Job type: Full-time
- WASH/FSL Officer position shall take charge of all aspects of Emergency Inclusive WASH and food security and livelihood activities system on behalf of GECHAAN/CBM under the supervision of the Project Coordinator.
- His/her main roles will be implemented in consultation with the Project Coordinator and the state government technical teams, which shall include; designing, planning, implementing (technical oversights), monitoring and reporting on the Project’s WASH/FSL activities.
- The role of the WASH/FSL officer will be to carry out community assessments, technical surveys, construction/rehabilitation, registration of beneficiaries, Mapping of farmers and emergency intervention where required.
- Ensure linkage, synergies and complementary services that are corresponding with other sector interventions i.e. Nutrition, Food security and Livelihood as well as proper coordination, consultation and information sharing with partners.
- Planning, design and implementation of WASHFSL Projects.
- Work in Partnership with government line ministries (Taraba State Ministry of Water Resources, Ministry of Agriculture) to prepare technical designs of feasible water supply projects and support market assessment in collaboration with sister organizations.
- Responsible for day-to-day implementation of all FSL/WASH activities including adherence to work plan, management of program staff, meeting program objectives, and monitoring program activities.
- Provide technical advice and overall supervision of contractors and vendors throughout the implementation of WASH/FSL activities, including registration of beneficiaries, distribution and monitoring.
- Ensure beneficiaries are tracked for various activities and appropriate documentation/ information on beneficiaries is collected and recorded.
- Ensure proper coordination with community and local authorities to influence positive acceptance in project locations.
- Capacity building of field staff to ensure effective monitoring and quality of program deliverables.
- Submission of monthly report and 5Ws to clusters and coordination bodies.
- And perform any other task assigned.
- Information exchange and cooperation with GECHAAN/CBM interventions and stakeholders
- Collaborate with all other GECHAAN/CBM departments and sectors to ensure the projects are integrated.
- Coordination with other Partners, Departments of water supply, INGOs, NGOs, CBOs, communities, local leaders and the UN working in this area to ensure smooth running of projects.
- Participate in analyses of needs at the community level, assess resources available for addressing the needs of vulnerable households, and suggest innovative approaches for filling gaps in programming.
- Ensure that beneficiaries are adequately communicated about project activities and plans, including distribution date and conditions required for verification.
- Work towards the achievement of overall goals through effective supervision of WASH-related activities including the development of IEC materials, community awareness and advocacy, and follow-up meetings to ensure adherence to WASH/FSL requirements.
- Responsible for the interpretation of WASH bill of quantities and borehole designs.
- Ensure appropriate community inclusion of persons with disabilities and delivery of essential WASH/FSL services to beneficiaries.
Reporting and Program Development:
- Compile program reports on a timely basis in liaison with other program staff; Activity report, situation report (SitRep), Monthly (statistical and narrative), Quarterly and annual donor reports
- In collaboration with Project Coordinator and coordination team
- members; contribute in defining technical strategy when required.
- In liaison with GECHAAN/CBM, develop project proposal to address specific project gap(s).
- Prepare cash forecast in liaison with the other project staff in line with the work plans
- Ensure the expenditure is as stipulated in the budget lines and strict adherence to the budget limits
- Propose anticipated budget realignment in discussion with project team
- In liaison with project coordinator monitor budget spending in line with spending plan; ensure diligence in grants utilization including timely spending and value for money.
- Support the Project coordinator in monthly budget reviews and suggesting amendments to Finance
- Prospective candidate must possess at least a relevant Degree from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of two years post NYSC relevant working experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using "WASH / Food Security & Livelihood Officer" as the subject of the mail.
- Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applicants must be resident in Taraba or its environs and ready to travel to field locations.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
- Equal opportunities are given to all applicants.
- GECHAAN engages persons with disability as long those persons are capable and meet the requirements for the vacant position as set out in the Job Description and Person Specification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 9th December, 2022.