Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Zola Electric Job for Lead Android Developer, 15th March, 2019
Zola Electric Job for Lead Android Developer, 15th March, 2019
Mar 15, 2019, 2:44 PM
Zola Electric is the world’s first massively scalable off-grid electric company. It exists to provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that currently lack such power. The company utilizes distributed renewable energy to sell power as a service to customers who suffer from an expensive grid, an unreliable grid, or have no electrical grid access at all. We provide 24/7 clean energy to anyone, anywhere. Our aim is to deliver a complete technical, operational and financial model that makes incredibly high quality renewable electrical services affordable to millions of homes. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Lead Android Developer Location: Lagos, Nigeria Description
- You will fall in love with this role if you can get passionate about bringing solar energy-as-a-service to countries throughout Africa. Naturally, you’ll be eager for adventure, inspired by the opportunity to unleash whole continents of human potential, and motivated to help build a truly epic business.
- As a core member of the Digital Platforms department, you’ll help define and create new product features and experiences for our rapidly growing customer base and workforce. Our team is responsible for Zola Electric’s core platform, our “operating system for the business.”
- Leading our distributed workforce: automatically dispatching and coordinating the activities of thousands of field staff in multiple countries
- Customer payments and service: enabling all mobile payment transactions and delightful customer interactions for our growing customer base
- Distribution and delivery of solar systems: handling the movement of massive numbers of solar systems and appliances such as low energy TVs from factories through home installation.
- Zola Electric is creating opportunities for thousands of local workers to participate in a high tech startup, and our platform enables us to do this with utmost efficiency, scale, and reliability.
- As a Lead Android Developer, you will help drive the evolution of our mobile application as the company accelerates into hypergrowth mode
- This includes implementing new features to enhance existing user flows, as well as fixing bugs which hinder successful user journeys
- It also includes working closely with our platform team to define elegant APIs, as well as standardizing the implementation of our visual design.
- Implementing an adaptive user interface to accommodate a range of user roles
- Ensuring that our app elegantly handles a range of data network access scenarios
- Collaborating effectively in a distributed team, using a pragmatic, Agile process
- Always be Learning. You are committed to self-improvement, which means you’ve sought and found mentors to learn from.
- Technical beginnings. You have worked with and explored several frameworks and languages. You have started to develop favorites but enjoy learning and digging into new things.
- User-centered. As much as you love technical challenges for their own sake, you’re inspired by making things that work for real people.
- Effortless Communicator. You love to work as part of a distributed team. You realize that the key to successful remote work is trust, which comes from regular communication through tools like Slack, and respect for the team’s Agile process (e.g., Jira stories and GitHub pull requests).
- Pragmatic. In a discussion of how to build a feature you will reliably bring people back to the question of what are we trying to achieve, and how will we know when we’re successful? You love new technologies, but will only recommend them if they are the most effective way of solving the problem at hand, and are an expert in playing a devil’s advocate of your own ideas.
- Curious. Unsatisfied with accepted wisdom, you’ll ask why multiple times when wrapping your head around a new concept or proposal. You’re also fascinated with the kinds of problems your peers in the industry are solving, and the novel approaches they’re taking
- Expertise in Android development (at least 5 years)
- Highly skilled with Java and/or Kotlin
- Excellent communication skills
- Multiple applications available in the Google Play Store
- A Computer Science/Engineering Degree is required.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts