Mechanical Technician Job Description
Job Descriptions > Trade and Services > Mechanical Technician
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Mechanical Technician? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Mechanical Technician? What does a Mechanical Technician do?
Job Description of a Mechanical Technician
Mechanical Technicians, also known as a Mechanical Engineering Technicians, assist Mechanical Engineers in designing, testing, perfecting and maintaining products, machinery and equipment. Mechanical Technicians typically work on transportation, industrial, electrical and manufacturing machines.
Mechanical Technician Duties and Responsibilities
Mechanical Technician job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Repair and maintain machinery
- Devise preventative measures to avoid machine downtime
- They are also responsible for devising safety plans that comply with workplace safety laws.
- Troubleshoot electrical controls
- Keep meticulous records of machine service history
- Analyze machine test results and make adjustments to meet company specifications
Mechanical Technician Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Mechanical Technician job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Two-year Electrical, Technical, or related degree.
- Completion of an electrical apprenticeship.
- Knowledge of mathematics pertaining to machinery
- Knowledge of machines and tools
- Quality control analysis
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Ability to self-motivate
- Ability to work and learn independently
- Operation monitoring
- Critical thinking
- Complex problem solving
- Analytical skills
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Mechanical Technician starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Mechanical Technician job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Mechanical Technician may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Mechanical Technician Job Description