PBX Operator Interview Questions
Private Branch Exchange (PBX) Operators answer and direct calls using PBX phone systems. Their responsibilities include connecting internal phone users, enabling the use of external phone lines, and directing external calls to relevant departments. They may work at businesses, public or healthcare facilities, or in the hospitality industry.
Whether you're a job seeker preparing to be interviewed for the role of PBX Operator or
an employer preparing to interview candidates for PBX Operator position,
these PBX Operator interview questions will help you prepare yourself for the job interview session.
PBX Operator Interview Questions
Below are a list of some skill-based PBX Operator interview questions.
- Are you very familiar with the operation of a private branch exchange?
- Can you demonstrate how you'd answer an incoming external call in this role?
- How would you handle a caller demanding to speak with someone in a meeting?
- How would you handle a situation where you have multiple callers waiting and you can’t help everyone immediately?
- There is a technical issue with the phone system and you can’t help a caller. What do you do?
- Can you tell me your steps to create and maintain an accurate call directory?
- Can you explain a few tips for taking and relaying accurate messages?
- What would you do if you received a call and the caller couldn’t hear you and you couldn’t determine what was causing the issue?
- What is your experience with using call recording software?
- How often do you handle calls on average and how do you manage your time during busy hours?
- You accidentally drop a forwarded call. How do you respond?
- What are some of the most important skills for a PBX operator to have?
- Provide an example of a time when you had to deal with an angry caller and how you resolved the situation.
- Which phone systems have you used in the past and what level of experience do you have with them?
- Do you have experience working with a diverse range of people and communicating effectively with both customers and coworkers?
- If a caller asks for a specific employee but that employee isn’t available, how would you handle the situation?
- How well do you perform under pressure and what is the largest volume of calls you’ve handled in a single day?
- We want to ensure that our call volume is as efficient as possible. How would you encourage our employees to use the phone system efficiently?
- Describe your experience with using phone systems with multiple levels of menus and options.
- What makes you a good fit for this PBX Operator position?
PBX Operator Interview Questions and Answers
Every interview is different and the questions may vary.
However, there are lots of general questions that get asked at every interview.
Below are some common questions you'd expect during PBX Operator interviews. Click on each question to see how to answer them.
- What is Your Salary Expectation?
- Tell Me About Yourself
- Are You a Leader or a Follower?
- Why Do You Want To Leave Your Current Job?
- Do You Have Any Questions for Us?
- What is Your Greatest Weakness?
- Why Should We Hire You?
- Why Do You Want This Job?
- What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment?
- What is Your Greatest Strength?