Job Title: Financial Assistant, FSN-07/FP-07
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Basic Functions of the Position
- The incumbent will perform accounting and financial analysis to support efficient
- operations meeting USG accounting and procurement practices.
- S/he will assist in the implementation of the internal controls and general assessment of DOD-WRPN accounting standards.
- The job holder’s duties include audits of procurement and travel
vouchers, working with DOD-WRPN technical staff for specific
programmatic activity budget preparation. Additionally, the incumbent
will be expected to perform financial administrative duties and will
give work guidance to 3-5 contractors of DOD technical staff.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection
criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information
supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- University degree in Accounting or Business Administration is required
- Minimum of 3 years progressive work experience in accounting, auditing or financially oriented business management is required.
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding in the areas of professional accounting, auditing, budget and finance is required.
- Incumbent must possess skill in providing leadership, direction and technical expertise in financial management of public fund.
- An advanced personal computer skill with experience in word
processing, spreadsheets and Quick Books is required. Skills will be
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S.
- Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically
- address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary
rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
OR – Ordinarily Resident-N3,459,393.00 p.a. (Starting
basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-07 In addition to the basic salary,
all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$40,665 EFM/MOH – US$35,014 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-07
How to Apply
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards,
copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements
of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,
Central District Area,
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have
the required work and residency permits to be eligible for
consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in
country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of
mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 8th June, 2015.