Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an
outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and
beer. Our global priority brand portfolio consists of Smirnoff, Johnnie
Walker, Guinness, Baileys, J&B, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and many
Diageo trades in approximately 180 markets and employs over
25,000 talented people around the world. With offices in 80 countries,
we also have manufacturing facilities across the globe including Great
Britain, Ireland, United States, Canada, Spain, Italy, Africa, Latin
America, Australia, India and the Caribbean.
Our great range of
brands and geographic spread means that people can celebrate with our
products at every occasion no matter where they are in the world. This
is why ‘celebrating life every day, everywhere’ is at the core of what
Job Title: Retail Sales Executive
Level: L7 (G7)
Reports To: RETAIL SALES MANAGER
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key
contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective
& flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in
both volume driving & brand building activity.
This role is based in Northeast Nigeria.
Purpose of Role: To
support GNPLC’s business objectives through the effective management of
designated sales territory with a focus on low value outlets including
implementation of all sales activities/programmes in the retail sales
territory and activation of Basic sales drivers (price compliance,
distribution, basic visibility)
- Responsible for the account management and activation of low value outlets and hypermarkets
- Listing of innovations and ability to pre-sell
- Ensure achievement of Basic sales drivers (price compliance, distribution, basic visibility) for Territory
- Ensures sales out of distributors/market share growth are achieved
via monitoring the RRS scheme, excellent execution of promotions.
Ensures promotional activity is in the right outlets and well managed.
Has to keep and update a database of outlets within the territory.
- Ensure effective customer/ business development to counter competitive activities in these outlet .
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Candidate must be a graduate (HND/Bachelor’s Degree).
- Good communication skills in –written and verbal. Suitable candidate
must also be fluent in Hausa and conversant with the northeast region
- Geographically mobile.
- Healthy and physically fit.
- Experienced driver with valid license
- Candidate must have good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
- High degree of integrity
- Good inter personal skills
Barriers to Success in Role
- Limited knowledge of the Northeast region.
- Essential to spend time in the Field with customers and consumers-essential to stay in touch with the market and the competition
- Unwillingness to flex schedule to align with business hours of retailers and distributors.
- Low level of drive or personal leadership.
How to Apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!