Guinness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the
world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection
of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine
& Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key
contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective
& flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in
both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer
at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver
sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and
partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
Guinness Nigeria Plc is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brand Manager, Smirnoff Vodka and RTD
Type of Job: Employee
Reports to: Head of Marketing, Spirits and RTD Diageo Brands Nigeria
- We are the world’s leading premium drinks business with an
outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer
and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys and
- The vision for Smirnoff is to be the number 1 brand for 18 -24
year old globally in release. Your responsibility will be building the
brand in the pivotal stages of development and ensuring it is a
sustainable, high volume growth business.
We are looking for someone who;
- Knows and loves the brands. Able to influence and inspire diverse groups of people to listen to and act.
- Holds self and others accountable for the highest standards.
Drives change, works hard, and ruthlessly prioritize whilst taking care
to build great relationships.
- Treats the business as if it is truly their own – passionate about leaving a legacy to be worthy of that of our founders
Role and Accountabilities
- To take a lead role in the design and implementation of Brand
strategies in order to achieve targeted profit, market share and volume
objectives on the brand/category
- Accountable for delivery of the annual operating plan for the brand
- Develop and seamlessly execute the annual brand plans ensuring
plans are grounded on deep market and consumer insight and are in-line
with Diageo global standards.
- Deliver brand strategy & advertising communication founded
upon a deep understanding of the consumer to achieve agreed brand health
- To deliver robust Measurement and Evaluation for all projects and effectively use search and spin.
- Consistently deliver great performance – You are committed to
drive positive change in business performance. You are results driven
and stop at nothing to ensure you deliver high quality results
- You have a positive outlook, channel your energy into finding
opportunities and solutions even in times of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Find Solutions – With a deep understanding of the business, you
are able to use imagination when finding solutions and perusing
breakthrough opportunities for the brand/ portfolio.
- You think in the future, anticipating trends and opportunities
but have pace in your ability to translate ideas into scalable,
actionable plans that drive change.
- Grow Yourself – committed to the development of self and others
- Strategic penetration -Uses analytical skill to quickly identify
the key issues and optimal growth drivers. Ensures insights are always
at the heart of the plan.
- Commerciality – Demonstrates complete understanding of
budgeting, pricing and cost management and bottom line. Fully
understands sales team priorities and understands and tracks
- Brilliant Execution – Can manage multiple projects and works to
aggressive time scales within budget. Manages project complexity and
insists on high implementation standards.
- Motivating cross functional teams and agencies -Constantly
strives to build great productive relationships by breaking down
barriers to performance
- Marketing judgement-balances instinct with rational logic to
evaluate creative work and is increasingly using technical expertise to
just a creative idea.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree in Marketing / Business or other related discipline.
- Is experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
- Strong experience of BTL & Experiential strategy development and implementation working with 3rd party agencies.
- Budget & cost control management
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (3-4 years)
- Developing level capability on all Marketing Functional capabilities as identified in the capabilities above.
- Can demonstrate excellent Commercial judgment & acumen.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!