Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) business and currently
operates on 3 sites within Nigeria with a portfolio of products
including Stout, Malta, Lager, Spirits and Ready to drink brands.
Nigeria is the 2nd largest market for the Guinness Stout brand globally.
It is quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a significant player in
the national economy.
Job Title: Retail Sales Executive
Reports To: TERRITORY MANAGER
Context and Purpose of Role
We are looking to fill the role of Retail
Sales Executive to join an effective & flexible field sales force
demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand
building activity. The Retail Sales Executive role is our entry level
route into the sales function. The role is expected to support Guinness
Nigeria’s business objectives through the effective management of
designated retail sales territory with special focus on high value
outlets as well as implementation of all sales activities/programs in
assigned outlets. The role requires the ability to build strong
commercial relationships with our customers. Managing and developing
your own accounts is a core part of the role and you will be responsible
for activations, preselling and order taking.
- Responsible for the account management and activation in assigned outlets
- Listing of innovations and priority brands, and ability to pre-sell total portfolio (Beer and Spirits) in the right quantity
achievement of basic sales drivers (price compliance, distribution,
quality, visibility) within assigned territory/outlets
sell-out of distributors/market share growth are achieved via monitoring
the Retail Redistribution Scheme, and excellent execution of
promotions. Ensure promotional activity is in the right outlets and well
- Keep and update a database of outlets within the territory
- Ensure effective customer/ business development to counter competitive activities in these outlets
Qualifications And Experience Required
- Graduate with minimum of 1 year commercial expertise gained across sales/customer marketing/sales management
understanding of Sales Driver execution at the point of purchase;
Outlet Segmentation and Managing Relationships including structured
call, persuasive selling and brand passion
- Good communication skills in – written and verbal
- Candidate must have good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
- High degree of integrity
- Strong analytical skills
- Good inter personal skills
- Geographically mobile
- Experienced driver with valid license
Barriers to Success in Role
- Unwillingness to flex schedule to align with business hours of retailers and distributors
- Low level of drive or personal leadership.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply