Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated
with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 150
countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women
and their families. Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and
community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people.
Jhpiego is recruiting on behalf of Maternal Child Survival Program (MCSP) to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Adolescent Sexual & Reproductive Health (ASRH) Study Coordinators
Location: Sokoto, Cross River, Bauchi, Ondo
Reporting to: MSCP Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Advisor
Duration of Contract: Non-consecutive 110 days (5 Months)
Maternal Child Survival Program (MCSP), a global USA1D-furided project
with the purpose of Ending Preventable Child and Maternal Death (EPCMD)
within a generation. is conducting a two-phase Adolescent Sexual and
Reproductive Heth (ASRR) study in Bauchi, Cross River, Ondo and Sokoto
states of Nigeria. The ASRH study is an expansion of similar study
earlier conducted in Kogi and Ebonyi State, Nigeria.
It will include (1) formative research to understand the sexual and
reproductive health (SRH) needs of adolescent mothers in Bauchi, Sokoto,
Cross River and Ondo states of Nigeria and the gaps in the current
system and (2) an implementation research study to evaluate the
feasibility, acceptability, and effectiveness of a package of
interventions designed to address the identified gaps. The qualitative,
cross-sectional, descriptive study using focus group discussions (FGDs)
and in-depth interviews (IDIs) will be conducted in both urban and
rural sites at each state.
- Make recommendations for recruitment of Research Assistants within the project tate
- Participate in the development of S.O.W for Research Assistants
- Contribute to review of Research Protocol
- Advise the research team on ethical issues related to the research and securing relevant ethical approvals
- Track study subjects to participate in group discussions at
appropriate times; record if subjects move out of study area and/or are
lost to follow up
- Arrange meeting time and place in consultation with the Research Assistants (RA) and health facility managers
- Support data collection, data entry, data quality procedures and data analysis during study
- Ensure safe custody of equipment supplied for the study
- Keep accurate records of consent forms and other study related documents.
- With the supervisor, set targets and work out time sheet of activities conducted.
- Write and submit a weekly report of activities conducted to the supervisor.
- Advocacy and Stakeholders engagement for ASRH at the State
Ministries of Health. Education, and Youth Development. Local Government
and Community levels.
- Supervise the activities of the Research Assistants and provide performance information when demanded.
- Provide technical and managerial support for the day-to-day activities at the state level
- Assist with the conduct of qualitative data collection (FGDs and IDIs) to all consented study subjects at the time of con sent
- A degree in Sociology, Medical, Nursing or Health Sciences is
desirable. Master in Public Health, Biostatics or sociology is an added
- Sensitivity to socio cultural and religious differences is expected.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines at short notice.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Familiarity with the States Ministries of Health, Education and
Youth Development and strong advocacy/stakeholders engagement skills
- Computer skills and competence with data analysis soft wares including Atlas.ti is desirable
- Prior experience leading or supporting similar research studies will be an advantage.
- Experience in qualitative research methods and publication track record are desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are critical.
- Good spoken and written English
- Understanding of the relevant local dialects (Yoruba, Hausa & Efik) and terrain in project areas is compulsory
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and CV as One Single Document to: email@example.com the title/subject of your email and application should be the position applied for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Application Deadline 7th February, 2017.