The Bible Society of Nigeria was founded on 8th February, 1966 through
the pioneering efforts of the late Dr. Francis Ezeogo Akanu Ibiam, the
first indigenous Governor of the defunct Eastern Region. Earlier in
February, 1965, Dr. Ibiam had initiated a consultation with
representatives of most of the
Churches [Church organizations] in
Nigeria on the need to form a national Bible Society in Nigeria. It was
the unanimous decision of that meeting that The Bible Society of
Nigeria be formed which consequently led to its formation and
inauguration on February 8, 1966.
We seek individuals with prerequisite qualifications, interest, passion,
conviction and flair for excellent customer service to apply for the
vacant position of:
Job Title: Donors/Membership Relations Officer
- The position reports to the Manager, Church/ Public Relations Division (CPRO).
- The job holder will be responsible for among others; boosting
Donors/Membership Relations, ensuring a better Membership due
collection, enhance the presence of BSN with Donors/Members and the
general productive management of the Donors’/Members’ relationship with
the Society in a mutually rewarding manner.
The successful candidate will among others do the following:
- Build and maintain close working relationship with Donors &
Volunteers including arranging courtesyvisits by the division or
senior management as the case may be.
- Create, manage and update profiles of Donors on Donor Manager.
- Manage, plan, develop, implement and evaluate stewardship plans for assigned donors
- Work with the Area Liaison Officer to develop and maintain an
inventory of acknowledgment letters, manage their delivery and ensure
donors receive their souvenirs within established deadlines.
- High public and human relations skills, Good communication
skill, Presentation skill, Computer literacy – fundraising software and
- He/She must be a team player who can work along with other young
and dynamic group of employees without compromising standards to
- He/She must be matured; ability to network and convince people to buy intangible products is very crucial.
- Marketing experience will be an added advantage.
- He/ She must have a minimum of HND or first Degree in
Arts/Humanities with at least 3 years working experience in public
relations or customer relations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply in writing attaching
typed curriculum vitae and photocopies of your credentials to:
The General Secretary/CEO,
The Bible Society of Nigeria,
18, Wharf Road,
P. O. Box 68,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Application Deadline Tuesday, 7th February, 2017.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!