Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the below position below:
Job Title: Personnel Development Manager
- Ensures (together with the coordinator/supervisors/activity manager) that pre-established specific preparation or specific briefings for newly recruited/arrived staff on the basis of the profile sheet received (OCA) or developmental plan are properly done in due time.
- Ensure that all newly recruited/arrived staff receive a briefing agenda upon recruitment/arrival and that they are properly briefed by her/his hierarchical and functional supervisor (if applicable) and receive all the due information according to the established procedures standard briefing content.
- Follow up the quality and impact of whole briefing and induction processes, collects data and suggest improvements to HRCo if advisable.
- Suggests career paths and support plans for specific persons to HRCo and line managers, ensuring a proper liaison with the Operational needs and objectives set, the results of PMS, the training possibilities (local, international, intersectional, regional, etc.) and the potentials identified.
- Together with HRCo, HRO/REHUCO and Training Unit in HQ, contributes to create and implement a mission training policy adapted to the Mission in order to respond to the needs identified among the staff, prioritizing those needed to ensure the Operational objectives set.
- Together with HRCo, HRO/REHUCO and Training Unit in HQ, contributes to the identification of training options at local / regional / international / intersectional level, and provide expertise upon request to line managers with regards to the assessment of training needs within the teams they supervise.
- In close collaboration with HRCo, HRO/REHUCO and Training Unit in HQ, ensures proper implementation of the Training Policy, procedures and tools in the Mission and support and develop training for Coordinators/supervisors/activity managers (i.e. HR Management, PMS, etc.)
- Support and empower administration managers and HR/administration staff of the Mission in her/his area of expertise (i.e. recruitment, development, induction, detection of talent, training, etc.)
- Provide expertise and support to all coordinators/supervisors/activity managers on how to implement PMS (tool ,method, setting up objectives, follow up of action plan and best practices) with the aim to evaluate and develop competencies of the staff they supervise.
- Look for synergy/exchanges with other MSF sections and other NGOs in terms of trainings, coachings and other development tools.
- Shares with HRCo all information/suggestions/activities which may have an impact in planning, budget or HR strategies (i.e. suggested career path, requested trainings, development events, mobility, etc.), and does not implement them without previous authorization of HRCo.
- Collaborate with HRCo in building/updating the annual plan and budget, with regards to her/his area of work and responsibilities.
- Knows OC’s training and development policies, procedures and tools, adapt them to the Mission’s context and ensure an equitable, fair, transparent, efficient and accountable implementation throughout the Mission by all relevant people.
- Provide expertise to all people involved in training and development process on how to lead it properly with the aim of developing professionals and people with potentials to be developed.
- Ensures alignment with existing policies and provides expert support to coordinators, activity managers and supervisors in developing people under their supervision.
- Knows OC’s induction policies, procedures and tools, adapt them to the Mission’s context and ensure its proper implementation for all newly recruited/arrived staff and for previously hired staff in the Mission who had no access to them when being recruited.
Context Specific Accountabilities
- The mission is starting a unique program called National Staff Leadership Competency Development Program. The overall objective of this Program is to strengthen the leadership and management skills of our National Staff in order to build on their strengths as leaders/Managers and thereby more effectively meet the Current and the future needs of the Mission and beyond.
- The Personal Devlopment Manager will be the focal person to manage the national staff leadership competency development. Specifically, the he/she will give administrative support for Online Assessment; Conduct 360 assessment report analysis and Interpretation; Help participants to develop leadership action Plan; Adopts Self-Study Modules as per the country context; Organize Workshops in Abuja; Do market assessment on leadership and management skill training providers in Nigeria.
- Languages: Essential mission working language.
- Desirable local language(s).
- Competencies: People Management, Commitment, Flexibility, Results and Teamwork.
- Education: Masters Level Education in Leadership, Management, Administration, or related fields
- Experience: Working experience of at least two years in training senior staff on leadership or management Courses or four
- years as a general national staff training and developing Professional Desirable: previous experience in MSF or other NGO in developing countries.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter with latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of all necessary credentials with telephone contact details on the envelope (specify on the envelope – Application for the post of Personnel Development Manager) to the address below:
The Human Resource Coordinator,
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF-OCA),
No. 11, First Avenue,
You can send your Application online to the mail address below specifying the position as the subject of your mail to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 25th July, 2018.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!