Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the below position below:
Job Title: Medical Coordinator, Support
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Applying the employee health policy and participating in the evaluation of hospital structures that can serve as reference structures for national and international staff.
- Participating in the management of the central pharmacy, advising and guiding the logistics team in the mission of drug stock management.
- Participating in the data collection and management from the projects as well as preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and organizing
- Monitoring, supervising and evaluating the implementation of medical activities in the project, visiting projects according and participating in defining the human resource needs for programs. Assisting in the implementation of MSF protocols, medical standards, hygiene and universal precautions in service
- Assisting in the collection of information on national health policy (meetings, reports, articles, etc.), collecting and participating in the analysis of epidemiological data (meetings, reports, articles, etc.)
- Ensuring medical follow up of patients (treatment, improvement) in collaboration with the medical referent of the health structure and overseeing all medical expenses associated with the patient, in collaboration with the supervisors.
- Supporting and supervising the project teams and participating in the management of the medical team in the capital (recruitment, training, monitoring their work, vacation planning, assessments, etc.). Participating in briefings and debriefings of the (para) medical team members
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Medical Degree
- Training or experience in tropical medicine and/or public health
- Experience working in a developing country; Emergency experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit soft Copies of their Applications, including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant certificates to: [email protected]
Hard Copy Applications should be sent to:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
14 Tennessee Street,
Application Deadline 9th August, 2018.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- The vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!