Fugro collects and interprets data related to the earth’s surface and the soils and rocks beneath and provides advice, for purposes related to the oil and gas industry, the mining industry and the construction industry. Fugro operates around the world at sea, on land and from the air, using professional, highly-specialized staff and advanced technologies and systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
- The Financial Controller is responsible for all financial management and accounting functions of the organization. Responsibilities include ensuring timely preparation of financial and management information reports, reviewing and evaluating financial performance, budgeting, fund management, supervising a team of accounting and administration personnel and implementation of Company management systems within the department.
- Review the risk assessment periodically and take appropriate control measures, update the Risk register;
- Closely monitor and maintain healthy cash flow for the organization.
- Establish and maintain good business relationships with Banks and other financial institutions and periodically review the credit arrangements and banking facilities;
- Establish and monitor Purchase norms for the organization in line with Fugro corporate policies;
- Closely monitor the credit collection function of the organization and ensuring that the effectiveness of established collection procedures and help improve the working capital of the organization;
- Establish and maintain good business relationship with the Company’s lawyers, insurance providers, hotels, travel agents etc.;
- Ensure periodic reconciliation of intercompany accounts with other Fugro OPCOs.
- Supervise the accounts of the Company;
- Organize timely flow of accounting information;
- Prepare annual statutory audits. Liaise with the External Auditors and assist in preparation and accomplishment ;
- Keep a close watch on the Country taxation requirements and ensure timely and complete compliance with local taxation requirements and legislations;
- Ensure that the reporting, analysis and interpretation of financial management data and actual results are accomplished on a timely basis;
- Preview and analyse management accounts data with the respective Profit Centre Heads;
- Manage fixed assets and depreciation administration;
- Prepare routine Monthly and ad hoc reports as required by Fugro NV, local partners and other stakeholders;
- Teamwork: the proven dedication and ability to work successfully with others, adding value to the team.
- Information and communication: Communicates appropriately and effectively with a range of people on a variety of subjects in order to inform, educate or influence them. Processes and provides data / information to meet business requirements.
- Client focus: the ability to identify, meet and sometimes exceed the needs and expectations of (external or internal) clients, resulting in (long-term) client satisfaction.
- Agility: the ability to be flexible, responsive, adaptive, and show initiative in times of change, uncertainty and business opportunity.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration or Commerce / Accountancy and /or Qualified CPA/ACCA/ACA/CIMA;
- At least 5-10 years post qualification work experience in the capacity of Finance Manager/Senior Management Accountant. Must have experience in managing a busy accounting department including design and implementation of a sound internal control system to safeguard the assets of the company and to produce accurate and timely periodic Financial and Management information reports. Good experience in dealing with clients, banks, auditors and tax consultants. Thorough exposure in computerized accounting and financial reporting system and ERP solutions including hands on experience in MS Office applications
- Good command of English (written & oral).
- Good knowledge of international accounting standards IFRS,
- Problem-solving/judgment: the ability to observe, think critically and to solve problems using data, analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply