Solidarites International For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: M&E Officer
Location: Ngala, Borno
Beginning of Contract: 1/10/2018
Contract Duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation Period: 1 month
- Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the M&E Officer is in charge of the monitoring of the activities’ implementation.
- He/she collects data and provides evidences of the program’s progress and achievements.
List of Tasks
- Monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Identify potential negative impacts of the activities.
- Monitor that crosscutting aspects like gender and “do no harm” are taken into account in the activities.
- Formulate preliminary recommendations on how to improve the activities.
- Monitor humanitarian situation.
- With the support of the PM and MEAL team, prepare and implement trainings on monitoring tools to field officers.
- Assist in external M&E mission.
- Ensure that contractual soft & hard data about programmes is easily available upon request
- Apply the security procedures in the context of monitoring & evaluation missions
- Under the responsibility of the team leader, participate in the logistics and administrative organisation, planning and preparation of M&E missions:
- Contribute to the creation of monitoring tools and to the preparation of database frames based on questionnaires.
- Support the team leader in centralizing and organizing data collection for activities and outputs as defined in the M&E plan.
- Collect monitoring data using SI tools:
- Contribute to data collection at field level (overseeing surveys etc.) and make sure that all available aspects are covered.
- Ensure that all data is entered on time and check their consistency and quality. Contribute to maintain the database following a standard format allowing aggregation of data to produce routine or periodic monitoring reports.
Reporting / Communication:
- Draft M&E reports and provide project updates and recommendations as necessary.
- Participate in seminars and training workshops which may be useful to the accomplishment of monitoring & evaluation activities and the attainment of the project’s objectives and in restitution workshops.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived and secured
- Update regularly the monitoring & evaluation tools & methodology considering the donors indicators, gender, disable persons, protection & « Do No Harm » approaches
- Make regular reports to the team lead on the evolution of activities and specific tasks confided to him/her, problems encountered, and the quality of relations with beneficiaries
- Bring to light any difficulty linked to his or her activities, to the programs of Solidarités or security concerns
- Collaborate with the administration and the local authorities
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritsation of tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Undertsanding of the humanitarian principles and accountability
- Take part in recruitment of the monitoring team (enumerators / DW) when needed
- Train and build the capacity of the team (enumerators /DW)
- Supervise the monitoring team (enumerators / DW) Personal abilities :
- Professional experience: 6 months of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Languages: English, Haussa, Kanuri
- Training: B.Sc. Economic, Management Administration, Social Science
- Ability to write in clear amd comprehensive English
- Competency in Excel (data input, basic analysis, etc)
- Competency in and experience with data collection tools (Kobo)
- Experience with food security and livelihoos (FSL) programmes (not essential but preferable)
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
- Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s Cover Letter and references in one file in PDF or Word to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 12th September, 2018.
- The file must be named with name and surname of the candidate.
- The subject of the mail must be “Ngala M&E Officer
- No paper applications will be accepted
- Candidates from monguno are encouraged to apply
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.