Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast growing Software company with a vision to build an enduring organization with an ecosystem of value creators- while delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- We are currently sourcing professional database administrator (DBA) will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Install server software and configure database servers.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role.
- Evaluate data analysis models and procedures.
- Establish a disaster recovery protocol
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Design and implement database in accordance to end user’s information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience.
- Basic understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures
- Familiarity with reporting tools
- PostgreSQL experience or certification preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance.
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory
- Experience with MySQL and MSSQL
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Experience with their database software/web applications
- The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology and the Data Protection Act
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, where the technology is constantly changing
- Understanding of structured query language (SQL)
- Knowledge of ‘relational database management systems’ (RDBMS), ‘object-oriented database management systems’ (OODBMS) and XML database management systems
- Flexibility is important.
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
Competitive based on experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply