KPMG – Our client is an indigenous owned Hospitality & Entertainment conglomerate with business interest in hotels, restaurants, property development, food production, etc. and always strives to attract and retain the very best talent.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Ref #: CYG220
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- In line with the company’s decision to ensure key roles are filled by suitably qualified candidates who have hands-on experience with implementing leading financial practices, the company is looking for an exceptional individual with proven integrity
- The Financial Controller will work from the Head Office in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Detailed Job Description
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the company’s accounting records and financial systems.
- Assume responsibility for the preparation of statutory accounts for sign off by the CFO/Management and the Board in accordance with relevant regulation including global and local accounting principles.
- Interact with internal and external auditors to complete audits and ensure maintenance of effective internal controls to assure safeguarding of assets and reliability of financial statements.
- Assist to prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents. Monitor and ensure comparability of actual costs and expenses with both Financial and operating Costs models; and report variances as they occur
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensuring expenditure control.
- Coordinate and manage the budget and planning functions to ensure sound financial management of the Company’s resources.
- Monitor financial transactions and accountancy matters, including audit systems of the Company, providing regular updates to the CFO.
- Make recommendations on the Company’s software systems and databases and supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for management decision making.
- Implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures as developed and approved by the CFO
- Prepare projections annually and update monthly with actual figures for the CFO.
Qualification & Experience
- B.Sc Degree in Finance, Accounts, Business Administration or any related field
- Hands on experience in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify key organizational issues.
- Minimum of 15 years financial and management reporting experience
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ICAN/ACCA) or equivalent
- Previous experience with any Big Four Accounting Firm
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply