Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Coordinator (Proact & Prosell)
Location: Abuja and field visits
Job Family: Property & Logistics
Reporting Lines: Postholder reports to: Country Supply and Logistics manager
Staff reporting to this post: Supply and logistics officer and one supply and logistics assistant Assistant
Budget Responsibility: None
To ensure that the operational implementation of Oxfam programmes and strategy is:
- Properly planned and managed by a professional supply and logistic team;
- Efficient, through the timely availability of assets and a transparent supply chain, with close monitoring of the consumption and use of those assets;
- Structured through the clear definition of individual responsibilities and appropriate processes and ways of working within supply and logistics and with others
- To strengthen Oxfam’s humanitarian and non humanitarian procurement and supply.
- Oxfam is committed to improving is work in Nigeria and increasing impact by strengthening the effectiveness and accountability of its development programmes.
- The procurement coordinator supports to the supply and logistics manager in the envisioning, development and delivery of procurement and service delivery systems, structures, processes and policies across the Kebbi, Adamawa and Taraba states and the country office when it comes to Proact and Prosell (P&P) projects.
- The job holder will contribute to strengthening Oxfam’s (P&P) programs responses by ensuring efficient, transparent and cost effective coordination of activities within supply chain and logistics in line with Oxfam policies and procedures (procurement planning, warehousing deliveries of goods and service)
- To be responsible for the provision of a proactive, efficient and effective donor and financial compliance & risk management service to Oxfam’s (P&P) Programmes in Nigeria and –matrix role of the country logistics manager
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Supply Chain, Management, Business Administration, and Accounting, Finance or any other relevant discipline of study.
- Professional accreditation certification in Logistics/Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum of 4 years “hands-on” working experience in procurement and supply systems, with an international NGO including 2 years at supervisory level.
- Good understanding of working with EU procurement requirements and prior experience of monitoring/managing budgets.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, communication skills (oral and written), report writing skills and negotiation skills.
- Experience using a computerised system (Ms. Word, Excel, Procurement software etc.)
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
Skills and Competencies:
- Support the S&L manager in implementation and update procurement plans for Proact and Prosell programmes with clear specifications and details.
- Support needs based on requirements stated in Country plans for (P&P) projects and budgets.
- Make sure there is cost savings on goods and service delivery on all procurement activities.
- Develop framework agreements with suppliers to allow Oxfam more flexibility around goods or services contracted both in terms of volume and relevance of goods and services while ensuring that each purchase represents the best value. Solid framework agreements are anticipated to reduce the cost and time of tendering.
- Organise procurement & tendering processes in a manner that meets the five metrics of delivering goods and services with the a) right quantity, b) right quality, c) at the right price, d) at the right time and e) at the right location.
- Develop simple tools and make them available for three State Supply and Logistics staff while working to decentralise procurement to the three states State levels
- Seek approval for bid proposals and specifications; composes requests for review by the relevant Committees and presents recommendations on purchase contracts requiring Management and/or Board approval to the Country Director for preliminary review sign off.
- Evaluate price and past performance of contracts and seek approval where there is price increases and/or reductions as appropriate.
- Ensure optimal cost, quality and service delivery via efficient procurement scheduling, inventory minimisation and customer order fulfilment requirements.
- Oversee vendor selection processes and selects top quality 3rd parties and partners based on predetermined criteria and set Oxfam standards; makes suitable selection recommendations to line manager and Country Director.
- Provide support to the staff and partners on good quality donor & financial procurement/logistics administration, development of procurement plan and monitoring tool/framework. This includes assessing & assuring the quality and accuracy of compliance to donor and Oxfam’s procurement standards and specific contract terms and condition with clear audit trails and supporting documentation.
- Monitoring on the procurement/supply chain/warehousing management consistency & operation of the Oxfam systems for full donor contract management of (P&P) projects.
- Influences the development of strategy, supports operational implementation and develops solutions to diverse and simplify complex problems within organisational policy for the 3 states.
- Handling and ensuring the procurement thresholds, vetting processes are followed, response to queries on logistics and administration related matters from donors/partners/finance and non-financial staff for (P&P) projects.
- Support enforcement of local laws and Oxfam corporate & regional standards.
- Contribute to comprehensive risk assessment, monitoring and supporting good quality risk management for both financial and donor contractual activity across the projects operating in the country to include partners funded compliance to procurement/logistics requirements
- To contribute to the development of logistics/procurement policies, procedures and strategy and systems enhancements related to (P&P) projects.
- Produce regular and ad hoc management reports as agreed with line manager in line with the post holder’s objectives.
- Frequent field visits to the three states and or as requested by line manager.
- Knowledge of local languages spoken in Kebbi, Adamawa and Taraba states.
- Knowledge or appreciation of Nigeria in terms of its political, economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues in the region.
- Extensive work experience in procurement and supply role,
- Extensive experience of supply chain management and procurement activities.
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to anticipate challenges, and to be flexible in demanding situations.
- Knowledge of International Import / Export procedures and guidelines.
- Good written and spoken English is essential. Commitment to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies.
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into logistics programmes
Level: C2 National
Job Title: PROSELL Project Finance Manager 1
Location: Abuja, Nigeria with regular travels to Taraba
Internal Job Grade: C1- national
Contract type: 2 YearFixedTerm
Job Family: Finance & Business Support
Reporting to: Business Support Manager with a strong matrix management line to the PROACT/PROSELI Programme Manager
Staff reporting to this post: Finance Officers and – matrix line managing field finance team for Oxfam Great Britain related Programme implementation
Annual Budget: The Oxfam Country Programme has a budget of over €15 million
- Oxfam seeks the position of Finance Manager for its EU-funded PROSELL project which aims at building food security and resilience in Taraba State. The project will build resilience of small-scale farmers, fishermen and livestock owners (women, youth, and vulnerable households) in commodity value chain and rural enterprise in 6 LGAs in Taraba State.
- PROSELL will (i) increase income of small scale farmers by enhancing their agricultural productivity market access, and job creation along crop, fish and livestock value chains; (ii) enhance adaptive capacities and resilience of small-scale farming households to climate change; (iii) Promote cooperation and mutual benefits of farmers, livestock owners, and all value chain actors.
- Within the context of Osfam’s development philosophy and its programme in Nigeria, the jobholder will lead the finance team for PROSELL both in Abuja and Taraba in ensuring the quality and efficient delivery of financial services and support to the project and partner teams according to Oxfam policies, systems and standards on financial management. S/he will provide secure and efficient financial services, ensure quality and accuracy of financial data and assist PROSELL team in overall financial management of project budgets, partner/donor contracts and in staff/partner capacity building for finance management
- Providing detailed technical expertise normally over a wide range of topics.
- Coordinating the flow of work within a group of people for specific tasks.
- Communicating with internal staff and external contacts to support the functional business needs.
- Following an established pattern to solve a variety of problems, some of which are well defined but with new problem solving to be attempted and referred upward if necessary.
- Undertaking work as defined by departmental objectives.
- Impact ix significant across a department and/or limited across Oxfam at all levels.
- On the job training/guidance of Staff.
- Use management or supervision of her/his direct reports.
- Matrix management of finance team in Taraba State.
Key Responsibilities and Account abilities
Financial Control and Budgeting:
- Leads the implementation of Oxfam’s internal controls, finance policies, systems and procedures within and across teams including field offices.
- Review all the supporting documents related to the pmje to ensure that they comply with EU and Oxfam rules prior to any commitment to suppliers.
- Review all partners financial reports and supporting documents and provide a written feedback to partners for adjustments or disallowed expenditures,
- Leads in the conduct of capacity building activities to staff and partners in the area of financial management.
- Coordinates wet Logistics team to ensure logistics systems adhere to Finance minimum standards.
- Leads in the timely production of financial accounts, ledgers and reports as required byOxfam and local regulations
- Develops financial analysis tools to assist budget holders in the management and monitoring of budgets and identifies significant variances in spending.
- Support efficient conduct of statutory audit, partners’ audit and donor fund audits in collaboration with finance teams in the field base
- Communicates with the Oxfam Regional Platform in Dakar, Headquarters in Oxford and The Hague and other offices on finance queries and concerns
Financial Information and Reporting:
- Ensures the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all financial reports for internal and external purposes.
- Ensure compliance of government law and regulation in relation to taxation
- Reviews the balance sheet accounts and submit monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation and dosing documents for Business Support Manager review and further submission.
- Ensures the month end and year-end pack are in accordance with Oxfam guidelines.
- Ensure financial system data is up to date.
Project and Contract management:
- Ensures adherence to donor’s financial requirements.
- Ensures accurate production of donor reports in accordance with the specified format within the agreed timeframe in coordination with programme.
- Ensures Donor Contract Management Systems are updated, with up-to-date information (grant amount, duration of grant, allocation to projects, contract realignments, reporting dates).
- Ensures that the originals of the supporting documents of at project transactions, including partners transactions, are filed/archived in Oxfam office to allow an easy access during donor audit or Pre-audits by Oxfam Headquarters in Oxford and the Hague.
- Ensures monthly project budget monitoring reports are produced and provides financial information and analysis to Budget Holders to contribute on decision-making.
- Support the Finance Officer (operation) in cash and bank management including, cash handling and cash flow monitoring.
- Prepares monthly top-up and cash flow forecast to ensure adequate availability of funds. Support the Country BSM and PROSEELL/PROACT Programme Manager in the production of the Payment request for the projects according to the signed agreement (OPA) with the PA. uNder the leadership and guidance of the Country BSM define the modality of payment for Cash Transfer programmes after consulting the PROSEELL/PROACT Programme Manager
Project Support and Partner Financial Management:
- Ensures the conduct of partners’ assessment and review of financial reports from partners to ensure that they are compliant with Oxfam and EU standards and guidelines.
- Lead in the capacity building of partners in the area of financial management and internal controls.
- Provides support to PROSELL Project team in partner financial management and donor fond management concerns
- Develop tools and supports PROSELL Project team in the development of project proposals.
Management and Development:
- Policy awareness and utilises documents relevant to areas of work
- Contributes to evaluating and developing own practices in line with Oxtam ways of working and policies.
- Participate actively in staff development activities including induction, performance evaluation, meeting and debriefings.
- Coordinates and consults with the Business Support Manager and/or any relevant member of the Country Management Team on pertinent organisational matters.
- Ensure that the finance team is involved in the conduct of annual physical check of assets including IT equipment and inventories.
- To undertake other duties as reasonably assigned by the Une Manager.
- Performance management of Finance Officer(s)
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to field offices and partner organisations in coordination with PROSELL Project Staff
Educational, Experience & Competence
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics.
- Minimum of 8 years “hands-on’ working experience in providing a whole range of financial services within a Structured organisation, 3 years of which must beat strategic level in an INGO program work, including field experience and/or with institutional donors
- Experience of developing EU funded projects budget, monitoring them, preparing the financial reports, leading the donor audits and training local partners on EU funded projects financial management
- Proven ability to interpret financial procedures and standards and put them into practice and influence others in their implementation
- Critical focus on providing a superior service level to managers and colleagues and delivering agreed results within time and budget constraints and to expected standards
- Excellent English Language (oral and written) and report writing skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience using a computerised information management system (Ms. Word, Excel, Accounting/Statistical analysis software, Procurement management system etc.)
- Good leadership skills: experience of working in a supervisory position with a team structure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a dispersed, multi-disciplined, multicultural team
- Good organisational and personal management skills, with ability to priorities work issues to meet deadlines and adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through
- Well-developed conceptual, critical, and analytical thinking with the ability to convey complex information in a straightforward, interesting way, and influencing this to a wider audience
- Ability to represent Oxfam in a professional and competent manner with external individuals and organisations
- Proven experience as a team worker and demonstrably cooperative with members of other teams, responding quickly and accurately to queries and issues
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work
- Knowledge or appreciation of Nigeria in terms of its political, economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues in the region.
- Knowledge and / or experience of common Oxfam norms objects, standards and tools.
Key Behavioural Competencies
- Decisiveness: We are comfortable to make transparent decisions and to adapt decision making modes to the context and needs.
- Mutual Accountability: We can explain ow decisions and how we have taken them based on our organizational values. We are ready to be held to account for what we do and how we behave, as we are also holding others to account in a consistent manner.
- Agility, Complexity, and Ambiguity: We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with lack of clarity and deal wet a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
- Systems Thinking: We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting toa specific part, outcome or event in isolation. We focus on cyclical rather than linear cause and effect. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well unintended consequences of organisational decisions and actions.
- Strategic Thinking and Judgment: We use judgment, weighing risk against the imperative to act. We make decisions consistent with organizational strategies and values.
Application Deadline 18th November, 2018.
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Social Accountability (MELSA) Officer
Job Family: Program
Contract Type: One (1) Year Fixed Term
Reporting Lines: Post holder reports to: State Coordinator
Oxfam Purpose: To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering.
Budget Responsibility: None although this might change
- To deliver Oxiam’s strategic and operational emergency/resilient food security and livelihood priorities in Nigeria and ensure innovative and quality programme which is shared within Nigeria, the West Africa Region and beyond.
- To assume a technical role in implementing, and maintaining effective and appropriate Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning systems for all project activities in Taraba State.
- The post will involve coordination with CSO partners and state teams, and in line with Eli reporting requirements, and with Oxfam Common Approach to Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Social Accountability (CAMSA) guidelines and best practices.
- Facilitate the sharing of information obtained with communities, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism.
- Ensure project implementation is aligned to targets and indicators contained in project proposal
- Constantly update project CSO partners and State teams on activities progress
- Support the CSO Project Coordinator to implement, monitor expenditure and budget appropriately, ensuring timely disbursement, activities, reporting, and documentation, monitoring variances and troubleshooting as needed
- Provide on-going support to partners, and communities to maintain MEAL systems; identify skill gaps that can be addressed in subsequent trainings.
- Analyse information about the project and make recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports in ensuring utmost quality
- Update project database routinely as at when required
- Support monthly data review meetings in States
- Work closely with the Abuja based MELSA Officer to ensure that all project reporting and MEAL framework and systems are effectively implemented and that required information and reports are submitted accurately and on time
- Supports state teams in establishing knowledge creation and sharing and learning loops, through for instance production of case studies, presentation of key results for monitoring and evaluation activities, and facilitation of learning reviews
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the State Project Manager and/or The Abuja based MELSA Officer
- The state Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Social Accountability Officer will perform the following specific duties:
- Based on the project proposal, implementation plan, and donor reporting requirements, implement the system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts, which is feasible, practical, and “user friendly”, and will obtain valid and reliable information.
- Ensure an effective MEAL data collection and reporting system with all partners through mentorship, on the job training, site visits and other technical support as needed. Ensure systems are well understood and properly implemented by all partners.
- Work with partners and state teams to maintain reporting processes to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support the conduct of periodic supportive supervision and Data Quality Assessment visits to state teams, partners, and communities
Skills And Competence
- Level of Education – Bachelor’s Degree
- Substantial training and experience in designing MEAL systems, in particular:
- For grassroots community programs that support women small scale farmers and families through local groups and structures.
- For programs that address issues affecting small scale farmers and families affected by food and nutrition insecurity.
- That capture accurate and relevant information, but which are user-friendly and can be managed by non-IT experts
- That captures both qualitative and quantitative information.
- That will be used and coordinated by multiple levels of staff, partners, and community groups, across multiple geographical areas of operation.
- That complies with all EU and Oxfam reporting requirements.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and strategic planning skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, engages in long- term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands.
- Language Requirements: Excellent in both oral and written English language
- Level of IT Expertise: Excellent (SPSS, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Involvement in agriculture projects, and/or those involving families and women.
- Involvement in projects utilizing grass-roots approaches and addressing issues of power, diversity, exclusion, participation, and gender.
- Proven ability to prepare timely and accurate reports and well-written documents.
- Strong training and facilitation skills for various groups at multiple skill levels.
- Experience developing or using M&E systems in projects with agriculture components and/or interventions:
- Knowledge of Hausa (spoken) is a plus.
- At least 4 years experience on a similar role
Based on the National Salary Scale of Nigeria Country Office Level: D2.
Application Deadline 23rd November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send an Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment to: email@example.com with the position title as the subject of the email.
- Applications not sent in the required format will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for assessment and interview.
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply immediately as due to the urgency of this position applications will be reviewed as received, as such suitable candidates may be shortlisted and interviewed prior to closing date.