C&I Leasing Plc – Our client in a multinational corporation in Nigeria with diverse interest in Petroleum Exploration and Production, Haulage & Logistics which offers its services and business solutions to a global network of clientele, is looking for a vibrant, energetic, proactive and intelligent individual to join the team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Clearing and Forwarding Manager/ Executive
Area of Expertise/Specialty: Oil & Gas goods ranging from equipment, chemicals, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure projects are completed on time and with high standard.
- Handles documentation related to the shipments, including insurance forms and dispatch forms.
- Ensures that the shipment is compliant with the hazardous shipping compliance information.
- Keeps track of routing information and verify that the carrier he uses is properly licensed.
- Develops logistics which he uses to track changes and ensure delivery of goods.
- Orders containers which will be used for packaging cargo to be delivered to the right locations, and he researches freight rates.
- Oversee activities related to clearing & forwarding
- Direct and coordinate activities related to the business
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures.
- Ensure that purchased goods are delivered to the respective buyers.
- Manage staff, prepare work schedules, and assign specific duties
- Liaise with customers and other relevant agencies on job briefs.
- Hold periodic meetings with clients and agencies.
- Perform other duties assigned by the management.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline. A Master’s Degree and certifications in Shipping and Logistics will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in a clearing & forwarding company in Nigeria.
- Must have-an operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies.
- Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentations for both import and export and have appropriate knowledge of inspection agents, banks, shipping companies and terminals.
- Must have the ability to liaise with the Nigeria Customs Service and shipping companies for import and export documentations.
- Must have knowledge of the Customs and Excise HS Code and explanatory notes.
- Mastery of the internet for business purposes.
- Pleasant personality and ability.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Leadership Skills.
Application Deadline 14th January, 2019.