Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: Gambaru/Ngala, Borno
Type of Contract: Fixed term
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Perform clinical laboratory activities according to MSF protocols, security and hygiene measures in order to obtain results to determine the patient’s treatment.
- According to medical prescription, preparing and performing clinical exams/tests with appropriate techniques and following MSF protocols and procedures.
This function includes, among others:
- Taking blood, vaginal and urethral samples.
- Centrifuging blood and urine samples.
- Applying hygiene and safety protocols, doing daily cleaning /maintenance, sterilization, washing general glassware after procedures are done.
- Ensuring proper sample waste disposal according to MSF protocols and highest safety standards.
- Supplying orders, do stock, storage conditions follow-up, keep inventory.
- Keeping organized the data collection system of laboratory results and all information generated from the analysis done.
- Reporting all relevant information linked to the activity in the laboratory to the line manager, especially the loss/robbery/damage of laboratory equipment or medicines.
- Performing minor maintenance and cleaning of the biomedical equipment following user manual and protocols. Alerting the supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.
- Performing laboratory exams (serology, hematology, biochemistry, bacteriology or parasitological, according to context of the mission).
- Ensuring proper reporting and registration of the sample results in order to keep a written track of activity and give information to the relevant persons, ensuring confidentiality.
- Taking care, manage and organize efficiently the laboratory material/equipment:
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning
- Essential Laboratory Technician Diploma /degree.
- Minimum 1 year working experience in related position, experience with NGO is added advantage.
- English language essential, local language – Hausa/Kanuri desirable
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application to: [email protected]
To MSFCH offices in Gambaru – Ngala, Borno State.
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete updated CV, copies of Degree/diplomas.
- Updated telephone number
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference
Application Deadline 12h00; 1st February, 2019.