KPMG Nigeria – Our client is a public- privately held University committed to expanding the frontiers of human knowledge in Nigeria through leadership in teaching, learning and research.
The University seeks to recruit a top of the class individual with the requisite skills and experience to fill the position of:
Job Title: President
Location: Delta, Nigeria
- Reporting to the Council and based in Ibusa Ugwashi-Uku, Delta State, Nigeria, the President will provide strategic oversight of the University and is primarily responsible for maintaining the efficiency and good order of the University and also ensuring the proper enforcement of its statutes, ordinances and regulations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage relationships with relevant regulatory and statutory bodies;
- Represent the University externally, both within and overseas;
- Undertake any other duties that will promote the growth and development of the University in a conducive atmosphere.
- Advise the Governance Board on any matter affecting the administration, finance and policy of the University;
- Provide leadership in the pursuit of excellence in all aspects of University life, including teaching, research and community service;
- Regulate the admission of students, subject to guidelines and procedures approved by the Governance Board and to any law or policy at the time that is applicable to the University;
- Promote the University’s interests by networking with academic and business organizations across the world;
- Nurture and sustain institutional relationships with key external stakeholder groups such as national & international academic institutions, industry leaders and community members;
Required Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate is expected to have the following qualification/ competences amongst others:
- Strong character and ability to give courageous and effective leadership;
- Good knowledge of best practices in corporate governance, with particular emphasis on accountability, transparency and probity;
- High sense of integrity, strong moral character capable of inspiring and maintaining moral discipline among staff and students;
- Hands on experience in ensuring effective utilization of limited resources for maximum public good.
- A professor of not less than 10 years and not more than 65 years as at the time of applying;
- A scholar with number of publications in highly rated journals;
- A scholar of outstanding national and international repute and considerable experience at top levels of University Administration;
- Excellent entrepreneurial and innovative abilities with the capacity to create wealth for the sustainability of the University;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply