Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support education programs in the north. Creative Associates International is partnering with the International Rescue Committee (IRC) on this project.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Damaturu, Yobe with some travel to Borno state.
Reporting & Supervision: This position reports to the State Team Leader.
- The North East Nigeria Transition to Development program (NENTAD) aims to deliver an effective response to the basic needs of vulnerable people impacted by the crisis in the North East of Nigeria.
- The Education in Emergencies component of NENTAD will focus on addressing immediate needs by providing education support to conflict affected children and adolescents, while contributing to the learning on what is needed to support early recovery and transition to development. In order to achieve this output, we will support up to two projects that include well-targeted, innovative, and results-oriented activities.
- The Finance Manager will provide overall financial management oversee the financial performance of a DFID-funded education in emergencies consortium.
- The Finance Manager will be responsible for preparing financial statements and maintaining cash controls.
- The Finance Manager will report to the State Team Leader and will oversee the Accountants.
- Prepare a bank reconciliation for field office and send it to Home Office by 3rd of every month;
- Work closely with Home Office backstop team to update projections and trailing costs, and submit field cash requests on a monthly basis;
- Liaison with field office bank on all banking issues;
- Ensure that statutory deductions are paid on time to avoid any penalty;
- Conduct a time sheet audit for field office from time to time;
- Act at all times in accordance with local law and standards of accounting practice;
- Review with the objective of gaining a clear understanding budget guidelines and instructions;
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding;
- Provide training to program staff on finance issues;
- Receptive to training provided and to develop his or her technical and professional competence;
- Assist in budget preparation at the field level;
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day operations of accounting department in field office;
- Submit expenditure worksheets to Creative’s Home Office Finance team on or before 3rd of every subsequent month;
- Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back up;
- Review expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness;
- Liaison with Logistics, Administration and Medical, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of Dynamics accounting software is highly desirable
- The candidate must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English; Hausa a plus but not required;
- Prior work in North East Nigeria is highly desirable;
- The candidate must be computer literate
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in senior financial management positions;
- Master’s degree in a Finance-related field; an additional 2 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover Letter and CV electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org as one attachment, in the same mail.
Application Deadline 12th March, 2019.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.