The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home. IRC has been operating in North East Nigeria since 2015 responding to emergency needs in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consortium M&E Manager
Requisition ID: req4259
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reporting to the Senior Consortium Coordinator, the Consortium M&E Manager will be responsible for the M&E systems for the IRC-led ProSPINE+ Consortium, ensuring the consistent use of M&E approaches and tools by consortium members.
- The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring overall coherence of monitoring and reporting tools; and coordination of data compilation from different consortium members and will have a strong working relationship with the IRC M&E coordinator.
- Details of the job profiles are as provided below, and efforts have been made to ensure the job specification are as succinct as possible;
Consortium M&E Design and Learning (20% of time):
- Support the development, review and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools according to IRC MfA framework;
- Ensure that detailed and feasible consortium monitoring plans are developed that: i) provide an indicator matrix, ii) consider ethical and safe collection and storage of data, iii) consider data quality audits, vi) consider storing, protecting and sharing project documents;
- Closely work with consortium coordinator and partners to ensure that all partners have tested standard monitoring tools that capture both activity and indicator progress overtime.
- Ensure development and localization of accountability mechanisms across partners.
- Develop tools that aid documenting, storing and sharing lessons learned that have implications for refinement of best programmatic practice;
- In consultation with the SCC Coordinator, organize lesson sharing events to fertilize learning across different partners.
- Serve as a consortium focal person on information management, lead and design diagnostic studies, evaluations and surveys for the consortium.
Monitoring and Evaluation (50% of time):
- Ensure that the IRC-led consortium has a robust monitoring plan in place, developing monitoring and evaluation guidelines, frameworks and indicators for the projects action plan in close collaboration with the Senior Consortium Coordinator.
- Conduct field monitoring visits and document learnings and share lessons
- Work with partners to determine which monitoring activities will take place and which data collection methods to use;
- Work with partners staff to ensure that data is collected and entered into databases and/or tracking sheets, and/or the data platform on a regular basis;
- Work with partner M&E staff to track progress on action points related to implementation and M&E activities;
- Work with partner M&E staff to provide M&E inputs to reports written during project implementation;
- Conduct data quality audits of partner data to identify and resolve systemic problems affecting data quality; and document findings from data quality audits and store in project files to ensure collective and sustainable access;
- Work with partners and support staff to determine which monitoring activities will take place and which data collection methods will be used to ensure their adequacy and appropriateness;
- Work with partners staff to ensure that the consortium work plans include monitoring activities (or that a stand-alone monitoring work plan is in place), is up-to date and progress tracked;
- Design survey data collection tools and methodologies;
- Lead and assist the partner M&E staff in conducting reflective practice forums at field office/ partner level and compile lessons from partner implementation processes.
- Update and provide data and information to M&E coordinator on consortium project performance indicators.
Information Management and Reporting (20% of time):
- Provide M&E inputs for regular analysis and action planning meetings to (1) compare data against project milestones, targets, and quality expectations across project sites; (2) identify issues requiring concerned staff attention;
- Extract lessons learned from projects, systematically document and make easily accessible to staff;
- Support partners M&E Officers to ensure that data is collected and entered into databases and/or tracking sheets, and/or the data platform on a regular basis;
- Support grants in compilation of donor reports.
- Support Program Managers and M&E staff with the planning and implementation of baseline surveys, needs assessments, mid-term and end of project reviews/evaluations including preparation of Terms of References;
- Organize and facilitate meeting with consortium members on M&E progress, challenges and way forward;
Staff Capacity Building (10% of time):
- Prepare M&E mentoring coaching plans and implement accordingly across partners.
- Train partners staff in data collection methods, management, analysis, and how to use data for decision making;
- Provide consistent, supportive supervision to strengthen partner staff performance as necessary to meet monitoring objectives.
- Coordinate data management, and ensure that data is managed according to IRC protocols and best practice
- In coordination with the consortium members, enhance primary stakeholder ownership of programme via community participation and consultation and use of participatory approaches in M&E;
- Perform other duties as may be allocated by the SCC.
- University degree (statistics, social science, development economics, or a related discipline);
- Proven abilities in developing monitoring plans, data collection, information management, use of databases, and analysis and performance monitoring;
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others;
- Comprehensive knowledge of humanitarian accountability principles and their translation into practice;
- Strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and reporting skillsÍ¾
- Minimum two (2) years of experience within the development / humanitarian sector;
- Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation, including experience with multi-sectorial and multi-donor funded programs and experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis;
- Excellent database, data management and data analysis skills, with experience using at least 2 software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Access, SPSS, STATA, Epi-data, Epi-Info; and
- Strong commitment to IRC’s mission, purpose and values.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
- In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
- IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Competitive Monthly salary,
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 12 Months. Application.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Application Deadline: 3rd April, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!