The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Travel Assistant
Requisition ID: req4149
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Sector: Administrative/General Office
- The Travel Assistant, under the supervision of the Admin Officer is primarily responsible for the management of travel services and travel bookings, visa support and other related administrative duties.
- Management / processing of UNHAS flight bookings to field offices
- To ensure proper tracking of all UNHAS flight bookings according to dates, user, and grant charges.
- Arrangements of HUB bookings and accordingly communicated to concerned travelers / Field Coordinators/ focal Person’s the same day via email.
- Ensuring that duplicate copies of Hub payment invoices/receipt, TAFs, are maintained in Admin for record purposes.
- To ensure proper tracking of all Hub bookings according to dates, user, Location and grant charges.
- To ensure that UNHAS flights tracking and Hub Booking sheet is updated on a day-to-day basis and sent to Admin Officer, HR Coordinator by COB every Friday.
- Ensuring that approval from sector leads and Base managers / filled travel authorization forms (TAFs) are received, seats booked accordingly and communicated to concerned travelers / Field Coordinators/ focal Person’s the same day via email and subsequent pickups and drop-offs at the airports have been arranged.
- To process the payments for accommodation with Finance team by COB every Friday and also Ensuring that duplicate copies of payment requests, TAFs, Tickets are maintained in Admin for record purposes
- Arrangements of hotel bookings and airport pick-up for workshop participants (if any) and visiting staff.
Coordination with UNHAS /Hotels & Visa support services for Field Based staff:
- Collection of quotes / coordination with travel agents for international and domestic travels.
- Processing and reconciliation of accommodation hotel bookings related payments by COB every Friday.
- To complete all staff Visa extension / CERPAC Renewals application forms, gather all required documents and prepare for processing in collaboration with the Admin Clerk in Abuja
- With Support from the Admin Officer Ensure accurate VISA Tracking and timely renewal of same by prompt notice of VISA Information to the Admin Clerk in Abuja Office. All expats are notified on time regarding their visa extension timeline, all expats receive their passport with extended visa at least 32 days prior to their departure from Maiduguri.
- Arrangement of hotel bookings and reservations for national and international staff to field after receipt of approved / filled travel authorization forms (TAFs).
- Ensure that all hotel bookings are made in writing and copies of booking / accompanying TAFs are available in Admin for record/tracking purposes.
Supply Chain Duties
- Manage the timely distribution of recharge cards for modems and phones as approved for Visitors and consultants in collaboration with the Admin Assistant.
- Other relevant duties as assigned and requested by supervisor.
- Team Work, Communication, Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to work in teams;
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback;
- Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication;
- Demonstrates initiative and self-motivation to work independently, as well as, cooperative and collaborative spirit to work in a team;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Ability to manage conflict;
- Ability to work under pressure, to prioritize and to show a spirit of initiative;
- Excellent time management, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Demonstrated informed and transparent decision making.
- Leadership and Self-Management
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field.
- Administrative & Logistics/Supply Chain qualifications highly desirable.
- Prior experience of travel services & bookings, domestic and international flights desirable
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and competing workloads
- Knowledge of IRC systems and processes an advantage
- Ability to work as part of a team and provide superior customer services.
- Computer literacy to enable updating of computerized databases and tracking sheets
Standards for Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!