SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brewing Laboratory Specialist
Reference Number: SAB-517
Location: Ilesa, Osun
Work Level: Senior
- Opportunity exists for a highly skilled Brewing Laboratory Specialist.
- The Successful candidate will manage and co-ordinate brewing quality control and to ensure QA analysis is conducted in compliance with AB InBev standards and specifications for transforming information into recognised Lab standards and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the functional and data integrity of the various quality systems and identify and resolve problems.
- Audit compliance to the various quality systems by both the laboratory team and shift-based production teams.
- Liaise with Central Office around quality and take part in regional and divisional MDT’s.
Quality Control and Analyses:
- Checking and verifying that team members are carrying out quality checks and analyses and recording the information on the appropriate systems.
- Verifies that the quality systems are working properly, and that data integrity and information accuracy is being maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring that laboratory equipment is operating optimally and to identify problems or opportunities timeously.
- Ensures that COT standards have been adapted to take into account regional specificity, where necessary. Interacts with COT through various MDT fora as required, ensuring that regional complexities and requirements are properly understood.
- Ensuring that team members understands and adheres to the operational, quality and process standards, work instructions and calibration schedules and performance target.
- Mentoring, supporting and coaching team members in the correct execution of their tasks.
- Develop subordinates and ensure training needs are met by carrying out training needs analysis.
Safety and Housekeeping:
- Ensure that safety and housekeeping receive appropriate focus through regular checks and safety audits.
- Responsible for correcting unsafe work practices identified.
- Ensure that the engineering team apply proper safety and housekeeping procedures and adhere to all legal requirements when carrying out their tasks.
- Ensure implementation of the appropriate AB InBev and legislative policies (such as OSH act) on safety and housekeeping.
Key competencies and attributes:
- Understanding of process control within a brewing & packaging process and environment
- Assertive and analytical
- Proven leadership ability
- Good understanding of the principles and practices of Manufacturing Excellence.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application/CV to: [email protected] Please use the position advertised as subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 5th April, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!