Job Title: Group Head, Human Resources and Administration
- To ensure that the Group and its Strategic Business Units have the right mix of talent that are effectively deployed, managed, rewarded and engaged in a cost-effective and sustainable manner.
- To support the creation of a distinctive organisation culture and employer brand and facilitate its adoption and promotion by employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the design and implementation of the group’s people development and training strategies, plan to ensure identified needs are addressed with appropriate interventions
- Develop and provide guidance to Company’s Executive Management in the implementation of effective succession planning system and supporting processes; and ensure consistent supply of competent staff to fill jobs at senior management level and other positions across the business
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of Human Capital policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the recruitment and selection process to ensure that the group is adequately staffed by qualified and highly motivated personnel
- Set standards for the development, implementation and monitoring of the group’s succession plan, manpower and career development policy
- Review and report HR Function achievement against key performance targets
- Define and maintain a competitive and merit based compensation system to support group strategy
- Facilitate the achievement of industrial peace and harmony within the group
- Perform other functions as may be requested by the Group Executive Director.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation and upgrading of comprehensive people management strategy and plans while ensuring alignment with the group’s business strategy and key business objectives
- Direct and is accountable for all matters concerning employment legislation and contract issues to ensure that they are in compliance with relevant laws
- Liaise with heads of SBUs to determine key performance requirements and ensure delivery of prioritised and focused HR interventions that add value and meet business objectives
- Communicate human capital strategy and operating plan to strategic business units to get understanding and commitment
- Provide strong functional leadership to enable effective delivery of HR strategy across the group
Qualifications and Experiences
- Professional certification in Human Resources from the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPMN) or its overseas equivalent (e.g. HR Certification Institute (HRCI), Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)), Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM).
- A relevant postgraduate degree (e.g. MSc in HRM, Management with HR focus or MBA) would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (Second Class Upper Division)/HND Upper Credit in any Social Sciences, Humanities, Business Administration disciplines.
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience in a senior generalist HR/HC role in a similar organization, 7 out of which must have been in senior or managerial role
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job position as email subject, for example: ‘Group Head, HR & Admin’.