The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Performance & Planning Manager
Job ID: R-21767
Job Type: Full-time
- Lead and Coordinate 3 years Strategic Business Development Plan for the Franchise & 5 years Strategic Business Plan for the Bottler, Franchise development Plan for the System and Annual Business Plan for the Franchise
- Lead and drive key Franchise BIG BET initiatives focused at delivering against winning metrics: Volume, NSR, PBT and Value share
- Work with the Franchise General manager to execute day to day strategic elements of the Franchise (bottler) development plans (FDP) as well as the Annual and Strategic Business Plans (ABP, SBP)
- Build value based and strategic “win-win” relationships with System partners at all levels including Bottler Senior Management by leading & driving the System Alignment Meetings and Engagement of the Franchise with the bottler
- Work with S&I function to provide on-the-group thought leadership to the Franchise by developing, driving and delivering against key strategic initiatives as outlined in the Business Unit’s key business imperatives
- Role reports to the Franchise General Manager with dotted line reporting to the BU Strategy and Insights Director
Business Performance Management:
- Achieve Franchise Net Sales Revenue, PBT, Transactions, Volume growth and value share objectives as per Business Plan. Manage and track key business indicators: Volume sales, Transactions, Volume and Value Shares, Brand Love Score, Brand Penetration, Loss Sales Opportunity etc.
- Lead the design of the Franchise and System business routines (Franchise Leadership Team, System Leadership Team, Marketing & Operations Meetings, Franchise GM market visits) and lead to ensure the effective execution of these routines to drive business growth.
- Analyze and Identify key issues in the Franchise and inform the General Manager of system-wide matters needing attention.
- Provide leadership for the volume reporting routines including analysis of Franchise performance and performance improvement recommendations
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with Bottler and territory, function, group and ATL based departments/functions
- Lead the inclusion of RGM strategies and initiatives in the ABP to maximize revenue generation for the System
- Provides ongoing support to the General Manager on general business development issues so as to enable the General Manager to focus on more strategic challenges and better optimize use of time.
- Develops the critical discussion points, researches and documents information for meetings involving issues and projects deemed necessary by the General Manager; proactively ensures successful execution of the above.
- Responsible for leading & coordinating all administrative tasks within the General Manager’s office and ensures the efficient running of the General Manager’s office. This includes coordinating the duties and responsibilities of the Executive Administrative Assistant, the Drivers & all other essential support staff in the GM’s office.
- Work with the HR Manager to develop the General Manager People Engagement Plan and the execution of such plans to drive the Franchise Engagement results
- Manage the Budget of the GM’s office
Strategy & Planning:
- Providing a fact based and objective perspective on key strategic topics ensuring Franchise focus on business priorities that are (i) Consumer led (ii) competitor and customer informed (iii) integrated across all functions and (iv) clearly aligned with the bottlers
- Evaluate and define competitive landscape for new and existing competitors
- Package the insights in charts / reports / presentations and other outputs to communicate findings to key stakeholders
- Identify key business opportunities within the Franchise, articulate the business case and develop relevant solutions to solve complex problems across the Franchise
- Lead capability building initiatives within KO targeted at analysts, country teams on strategic thinking
- Work with BU S&I function to lead franchise level Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program by conducting risk assessments, prioritization (likelihood and consequences) and mitigation and tracking plan development
- Drive key Strategic Initiatives focused on delivering winning metrics (volume, value, share, revenue, profit, quality, etc.)
- Integrate Strategy, Planning, Innovation and Knowledge & Insights at a franchise level in order to develop a more holistic understanding of our business, consumers, customers and the macro-forces affecting our industry.
- Lead projects through driving thought leadership on strategic initiatives: Problem identification, work stream structuring, analysis, syndication and solution framing and identification
- Provide strategic thought leadership in project management support for key Franchise Big Bet Initiatives (e.g., M&A, System Optimization, Loss Sales Opportunity reduction)
- Work with K&I to lead research & develop insights, both quantitative & qualitative, analyze data to develop an understanding of the business environment. In addition, work with K&I on the Industry Estimate for Nigeria NARTD Industry
- Help support BU sustainability reporting and tracking initiatives within the franchise
- Coach and develop direct report (s) to maximize full and current potential
- 7-10 years’ experience (in KO an added advantage)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Industrial Engineering. (MBA Degree preferred)
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities
- Ability to work in a fluid organization setting where the focus is the initiative (work); ability to quickly establish oneself in a new project team; ability to move from one team to another quickly and work in multiple teams at the same time.
- Strong data gathering skills – internally & externally with ability to probe all relevant resources to maximize results.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform complex analysis (excel modelling skills) and clearly and concisely communicate results to a broad audience
- Channel Knowledge & Dynamics (price, package, retail margin etc.)
- Ability to work and influence cross functionally with multiple stakeholders at different levels
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders to proactively assess opportunities for further growth
- In depth understanding of consumers and trade research design
- People and Project Management Skills
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, word, Microsoft projects)
- Growth Mindset: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- Performance Driven and Accountable: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply