O.K. Isokariari & Sons (Nigeria) Limited is a leading Engineering, Procurement and Construction company with over 45 years of work experience. We are known for our pragmatic value delivery, which flows from our people centric approach, committed professionals and prudent management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CASHES Supervisor/Superintendent
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Introduce the organization to any community we operate in
- Let the community know any benefits they may derive from our operations there
- Ensure Employment of qualified and semi-qualified youths of the community
- Ensures that the company HSE system is regularly reviewed for its continuing effectiveness and that adherence to procedures is assessed by means of planned and independent internal audits.
- Provides advice, guidance and training on HSE matters within the company organization and where appropriate within individual projects.
- Monitors compliance with established safety rules and make sure these are conspicuously posted.
- Undertakes risk assessments and identifying safe systems of work to be recorded in safe work method statements
- Develops and delivers internal training courses on health and safety topics to the entire organisation.
- Undertakes a weekly Toolbox Talk with personnel and ensure that records are maintained of the talks.
- Determines the strategic direction and work priorities for the continuous improvement of the company and Sites HSE management programme and systems.
- Develops a monthly HSE Communication Strategy for all sites and levels of staff, to include written information, toolbox meetings and management briefs
- Facilitates all forms of risk assessment, verifies that all tools/equipment are adequate/safe for use and inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment and safe for workers.
- Reviews and approve all subcontractor’s safety plans and ensures compliance with company policy and statutory regulations
- Advises and assists with the implementation of new or existing HSE-related legislation, rules and Company standards to include fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspections of Company and contractors sites.
- Leads incident Investigations, prepare alerts/action findings and ensure all associated paperwork is completed on time.
- Ensure all workers are certified medically fit before being employed and annually by a qualified medical doctor.
- Carry out inventory of illness causing absence from work
- Prevent injury to and preserve the health of its employees
- Complete health hazard identification list
- Upgrade site accommodation standards
- Ensure that workers receive medical care in a well-equipped site clinic manned by suitably qualified doctor and industrial nurses
- Adhere to all statutory laws and procedures for the conservation of the environment.
- Develop proper waste disposal procedure suitable for the environment
- Operate with the limits of job requirements in order to minimize any such deleterious effects on the environment in which we work
- Ensure sound protection of personnel and property in all our locations through close liaison with and respect for appropriate government agencies
- A University/Polythecnic graduate with relevant current certifications and not less than 5 years cognate experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 27th June, 2019.