The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanic II
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carryout repair, maintenance and overhauling of agricultural Tractor engines, farm and building & grounds Tractor implement;
- Carryout repair, servicing and maintenance of seed processing machines at FAO yard and all types of threshing machines;
- Perform any other duties as maybe assigned by the supervisor.
- OND, Trade Test II in Mechanical Engineering or related fields with a minimum of three (3) years working experience performing similar or related roles.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have practical experience and ability to use his hands on the job.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.