Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a leading Law firm in Nigeria is looking to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Practice/HR Manager
Job ID: GO/140/PH
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Type: Full Time
- We are looking to hire a Practice Manager with a background in Human resources.
- The Practice/HR Manager will typically be dealing with the development of business plans and strategies, and monitoring performance.
- S/he will also be managing a team of legal assistants and providing overall leadership to teams providing business support and administrative services across the firm.
- Overseeing and directing the human resource functions in the firm.
- Managing the practice staff within the team.
- Assist with training and development, as appropriate, for their team and all staff.
- Assisting in planning and conducting regular practice discussions with each barrister member of their team.
- Ensuring that decisions arising from practice discussions are written up, communicated to all the practice staff, and, where possible, acted upon in the practical arrangements taken in relation to the member’s practice.
- Developing and maintain professional relationships with the key current and potential professional clients of the barristers in their team.
- Contributing to the development of business development and marketing strategies.
- Attending and participate at General Meetings, as and when required
- Undertaking administrative arrangements, e.g. arrangement of meetings, obligations on sittings, listing etc.
- Communicating remuneration policy and ensuring all staff have a good understanding of the policy.
- Demonstrating a confidence and resilience to operate in a high profile organization
- Contributing to the monitoring of allocation of work.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Candidate should have a B.Sc. in Management Accounting/Business Management, LLB or similar qualification
- Candidates should have 5 years’ experience in a corporate environment
- Candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience Management role
- Candidate must have in depth knowledge of legal industry
- Candidate should have budget development and oversight experience
- Candidate should have knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices
- Must have good leadership qualities to be able to take on the role of management.
- Must have analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to maintain good team work and confidentiality
- Must possess project management skills; coordinating and managing projects on time and budget.
- Must have high standards of personal and business behavior
- Must have decision-making skills, Organizational skills, Training and developmental Skills.
- Maintaining Employee Files and Records,
- Must have good budgeting skills, Compensation and Wage Planning & Benefits Administration,
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word format only) only to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Practice/HR Manager” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 12th July, 2019.