Welcome2Africa International is a private sector development company committed to the positive economic growth of Africa and from the get-go, founded upon the vision to redefine the image of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programs/Project Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Project/Programs Management
- Welcome2Africa International develops and initiate a range of activities to catalyze and facilitate investment, trade and business/commercial interest into and across Africa – All with a current focus and commitment to the development and transformation of Africa’s Agribusiness sector.
- W2A International works with stakeholders consisting of:
- Institutional Investors
- Private Equity Firms
- Development Financial Institutions
- Local and International Financial Institutions
- Commercial Agribusinesses
- Agribusiness importers/exports
- Local and international agri-service providers
- We have created a series of program/initiatives that looks to create continued dialogue around de-risking the agricultural sector in Nigeria, and the facilitation of trade and investments into Nigeria’s Agribusiness sector.
- Hence, we are looking for an experienced Project/Programs Manager to lead our upcoming programs/forums locally and internationally.
- We are seeking a Project/Programs Manager with over 5 years working experience who will be responsible for coordination and completion of projects/programs on time within budget and within scope.
- He/She will oversee all aspects of projects, set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Project manager must balance logistics, financial management, and detailed event/program-planning tasks while working with team members comprising of Research/Program Officer, Business Development/Sales Executive and Communication Executive.
- Manage event logistics, effectively utilizing resources and personnel to stage local and international programs
- Lead promotional activities for the event/programs and partnerships- newsletters, blog posts, press releases and social media
- Negotiate contracts and identify as the face of the project.
- Maintain programs budgets
- Collaborate with clients before, during and after programs.
- Plan and execute programs/ events
- Develop event concept and plan, leading team from the initial conception of the program to its successful completion.
- Ability to define project milestones and deadlines and coordinate both teams and external contractors to ensure a successful event that meets organizational goals and expectations.
- Oversee program content, stakeholder engagements and overall project communication (in prints, media and online)
- Balance creativity with logistics, financial planning, and vendor management duties- venue, catering etc.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience, Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Relevant experience in Finance, -Project/Programs Management, Agribusiness, Finance, and Event Management.
- Strong understanding, Insight into Finance, Agribusiness, and Trade
- Proven working experience in project/Programs management, excellent event-planning and management skills, Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Excellent client-facing (stakeholders) and internal communication skills with team members and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.