Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WATSAN Supervisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- This is a hands-on technical and supervision position
- Ensuring the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned Watsan activities at project level, including but not limited to, water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, vector control, and dead bodies management
- Ensuring that the MSF procedures and protocols are followed by the Watsan teams to guarantee the operational quality of the project;
- Ensuring in practice the maintenance and repair of technical equipment in the project to guarantee an adequate running of Watsan activities;
- Planning (e.g. staff rosters and admin, HR processes, etc.) and informing and involving the Project Medical Referent in case of any major management or technical issue, and providing all required reporting
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (training, performance evaluation, tasks definition and internal and external communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity
- Participating in data collection and reporting as required.
- Ensuring the distribution of the materials and tools used in water treatment, hygiene and sanitation (e.g. physical organization and inventory of stocks, receiving and processing orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material, check that the amounts received are recorded, and check monthly consumptions, etc.);
- Ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (physical verification of stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training). Ensuring appropriate assistance to the project response team and if required, participating in emergency activities or exploratory visits
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Capacity building including follow up for all watsan agents, sprayers, laundry workers, chlorinators and hygienists on practical competencies according to the msf guidelines
- Be a resource person for all Cholera watsan related activities.
- Ensuring correct water chlorination.
- Represent the watsan team in supervisors meetings.
- Day to day supervision and recommend improvements of all cholera watsan activities.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / relevant field
- Essential 2 years of previous experience in a similar role having worked in MSF or other NGO’s is desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and Power point)
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Kanuri language is desirable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications, including Cover Letter, Resume, copies of relevant certificates, NYSC Certificate/Exemption Letters and mention the position on envelop to: email@example.com
Send Hard Copy to:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office – Fori CV Box,
Maiduguri, Borno State.
- Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview
- MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 1st October, 2019.