RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Locations: Abuja, Delta, Imo, Taraba and a TBD State
- The Driver based in one of the States listed above will be responsible for driving E-WASH staff, international STTA visitors and local STTAs.
- He/She will provide reliable and safe driving services, ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
- Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials: Drives office vehicles for the transport of E-WASH staff, international STTA visitors and local STTAs, delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport and may include assisting with basic visa and customs formalities arrangements when required.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing etc.
- Read and understand specific vehicle/vessel operating manual to ensure appropriate operations of the vehicle.
- Obey traffic rules and road signs, negotiate, liaise and coordinate with local authorities to facilitate smooth running of vehicle movements.
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Produce weekly records of mileage traveled.
- Identify any apparent problems during field deliveries and report them to the appropriate personnel.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all project/office personnel.
- Maintenance of assigned vehicle: Ensures vehicle is always kept in good running condition by addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels and car washing.
- Documentation of vehicle related information: Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Keeps track of insurance and other vehicle particular expiring dates.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of secondary school certificate with three years of work experience.
We offer a highly competitive renumeration
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter and CV as One Single MS WORD document to: [email protected] using the “Job title and Location” as subject of the email.
- On the subject LINE of your email you should only put the Email Subject line and preferred State as indicated above e.g. Driver-Imo or Driver-Delta (no other text should be on this subject line).
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation
Application Deadline 27th September, 2019.