The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is a non-governmental, non-profit making coalition, made up of organizations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen has food and is nutrition secured. CS-SUNN pursues this lofty goal by engaging and mobilizing Government and Non-state actors to advocate for relevant policy implementation, raise awareness, generate evidence, build capacity and stimulate communities to scale-up nutrition in Nigeria, with special focus on maternal and child nutrition. The organizational capacity of CS-SUNN to become a leading voice on nutrition advocacy in Nigeria led to the SUN Movement Pooled Fund Project.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Transportation and Logistics
- CS-SUNN requires the services of a dynamic and competent individual to join the Operations team as a driver
- The driver under the supervision of the Admin/Logistics assistant will support the team basically in terms of transportation and logistics
- Experience in NGO sector, people skills and emotional intelligence with which to relate with numerous and varied kinds of persons will prove to be an advantage.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Safely transport persons and goods (70%):
- Transport safely CS-SUNN employees and goods as directed by the line manager
- Always be in possession of a valid driving license and personal identification
- Report any accident immediately to line manager and the nearest police station for purpose of insurance claims
- Ensure safety of vehicles assigned to you at all times
- Ensure passengers wear seat belts at all times
- Respect and observe the Nigeria traffic regulations, speed limits and adjust speed according to road and risk conditions (for example, when driving in villages or populated areas)
- Observe CS-SUNN standard operating procedures for vehicles
Vehicle maintenance and checklist for field trips (20%):
- Responsible for daily and weekly preventive maintenance and report to the line manager any problems with vehicles
- Ensure vehicles are always on full fuel tanks
- Diligently and promptly update the movement and fuel consumption logbook
- Furnish the logbook to the line manager as and when required to facilitate preparation of monthly vehicle and fuel consumption reports
- When a field trip is planned, the driver has to inspect and prepare the vehicle the day before leaving and be ready for scheduled departure time
- The driver has also to prepare additional materials according to trip needs (for example, additional fuel tank, stickers, flag, medical and food kits, additional spare tyres)
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly vehicle check
- Behave in a professional manner at all the times with the understanding that the public associates your behaviour with CS-SUNN
- Ensures the official vehicle is safely parked within the office environment and approved sites at all times
- Always ensure the vehicle insurance and licenses are valid before driving any vehicle
- Alert line manager when service and maintenance schedules are due
- Clean the vehicle inside and outside as and when necessary/ keep your vehicle clean externally and internally at all the times
- Check that items mentioned in the logbook are in the vehicle before leaving
- Perform daily vehicle pre–departure checks to include fuel, engine oil, coolant, lights, tyres, horn, tools and equipment, brakes, windows and mirrors, etc.
Security, communication and miscellaneous duties (10%):
- Observe and ensure adherence with security guidelines in the programme area of operation
- Follow CS-SUNN’s security protocol at all times.
- Assist the Admin Officer and colleagues in gathering security information analysis especially pertaining to routes to be travelled. To advise the logistician on the security of such routes and whether CS-SUNN vehicle should travel or not on a given route
- Promptly report all relevant security incidents/concerns to the Admin Officer
- Carry out other delegated tasks using CS-SUNN vehicles. Theses may range from mail delivery, payment of bills, picking or dropping of staff or visitors and other similar tasks
- Organise the assigned task in the most efficient and effective manner, so as to minimize vehicle use (fuel consumption, wear and tear)
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the Admin Officer and any senior staff
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- People skills: Emotional and social Intelligence
- Honesty and accountability
- Humble and hardworking.
- 3 – 5 years (preferably in an NGO).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV in a single document to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected
Application Deadline 20th September, 2019.