AgroMall Discovery and Extension Services Limited is at the intersection of digitised agricultural production support, digitised agricultural extension and digital financial services. We integrate agricultural economics, agronomy and quality control with financial services on our digital platforms turning them into powerful tools in the hands of our agents and farmers for improved farm production and financial inclusion of the rural economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Agriculture
- The Head of Agriculture will manage AgroMall farm production cycle, oversee and coordinate farm operations (crop and livestock) by providing leadership and organization during the production process.
- AgroMall is an Agri-tech currently in the process of expanding its Agricultural business value chain portfolio in Nigeria and Africa.
- To achieve this objective, we will require an individual with vast experience in Agricultural operations, farm management, crop and livestock farming.
Operational and Technical Responsibilities:
- Ensure all identified risks in the farm operations are mitigated according to the plan.
- Ensures that issues of security, community relations, flooding and fire are adequately planned for and mitigations put in place before they occur
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Identify regional players in West Africa & develop key partnerships to ensure agricultural collaborations with AgroMall as an international platform.
- Drive immediate alignment of AgroMall activity with key seasonal commodity cycles— primarily staple and export crops.
- Maintains high level relationship with relevant stakeholders in the agricultural value chain and industry.
- Manage strategic discovery of value opportunities for AgroMall product expansion & growth.
- Contribute to overall team preparedness via establishment of effective field information network.
- Fully support management in business development & value exploitation.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement of farm practices.
- Coordinate all external partners (banks, brokers & cooperatives) towards operationalization of AgroMall value delivery as a key stakeholder in the agricultural sector. This includes closing alignments with Financial Institutions to ensure commercial value is realized; developing field operatives to ensure reliable access to last mile farmers; and aligning with cooperatives to support their preparedness and organization in utilizing AgroMall.
- Coordinate and supervise all farm production planning, operations from land clearing, through soil preparation, crop management and harvesting. This includes livestock breeding
- Prepare and execute of farm management (livestock and crop) budgets and investments in line with set goals and targets.
- Efficient deployment, selection and application of appropriate agro inputs in a cost-effective manner.
- Execute immediate agreements & participation with relevant players (farmers, factories & traders) on data management & commercial relationships collaboration.
- Coordinate the activities of field extension officers and cluster development managers to ensure high level performance.
- Ensure that production costs and controls are in line with expectations and must strive to be cost efficient at all times.
- Align with value chain managers on capture of opportunities along the commodity value chain.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of activities in the market & field through effective field network.
- Familiarizing with the different projects within AgroMall and suggest cost effective solutions to drive overall business growth.
- Give full knowledge support to CEO on other significant ventures to drive AgroMall expansion & growth.
Education, Technical Skills, Competencies, Working Relationships
- Significant experience in field-based activities & ability to function as full office in adverse field conditions.
- Fluency in English/Hausa
- Excellent team player & time conscious executioner.
- Suitable discipline encompassing General Management with key emphasis on strategic value discovery.
- 9 years of experience in hands-on farm management and production (Crop and livestock)
- General experience in agricultural expansion.
- Cooperation – Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Problem Solving – Job requires Identifying, analyzing, organizing and solving issues and reported problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Time Management – Job requires the ability to effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Also, ability to concentrate on the tasks that have greater priority.
- Planning – Job requires the ability to effectively plan projects and deliverables.
- Vendor and Client Management
- Analytical Thinking – Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Innovation – Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Must be very strong at driving execution and executing within timelines
- Must be smart with an appetite for creativity and innovation
- Must have a strong social presence
- Must be a High performer with a drive for excellence and growth
- Must be an optimist disruptive thinker with a sight for possibilities irrespective of the situation
- Must be open-minded and a good people manager, showing mutual respect to all levels of staff.
- Strong ability to drive team collaboration
- Internal within own department, other Heads of Departments, banks and
- Working Condition and Critical Success Factors
- Working Condition
- Office Environment and field environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th April, 2020.