Baobab is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies in at least 15 countries by 2015 that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets Joining later.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor (Entry level)
Reporting Line: Chief Risk Officer
- The Quantity Surveyor will provide commercial support to project teams, maintaining commercial information and ensuring compliance with contractual requirements. They will liaise with customer representatives and other third parties on commercial issues including agreement of variations, claims and any additional payments.
- Reporting Ensure robust, accurate and timely cost and value reporting at both project and business unit level.
- Property Valuation, Project Management
- Ensure accurate cash flow reporting takes place.
- Carry out cost management including forecasting
- Sales & Letting of property
- Update the monthly cost and commercial plans Processes
- Help ensure that internal commercial processes are adhered to across the business unit
- Actively seek to improve processes and procedures
- Hold a good understanding of the processes and procedures that we are working within, and assist in their development and improvement.
- Ensure that the supply chain are engaged appropriately with the correct contract terms.
- Commercial Manager / Managing Quantity Surveyor and rest of Commercial Team Business Development and Bid Managers Site Teams Clients Person.
Requirements / Skills
- HND / Degree (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying Familiarity
- 1 – 2 Years experience as a Quantity surveyor
- Previous experience of commercial management and procurement of subcontractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates and accruals calculations.
- Ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting and earned value analysis.
- Have knowledge and experience in estimation and cost analysis.
- Excellent communication, numeric and computer literacy skills, proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team and delegate, but also able to work on own initiative.
Job Title: Loan Marketer
Branches: Broadstreet, And Trade-Fair
- Pre-loan Disbursement
- Promote/market Baobab’s products to prospective clients
- Visit and evaluate potential client businesses
- Visit client’s personal house
- Visit Co-debtor, guarantor’s house and businesses
- Analyze financial data of clients’ businesses
- Analysis of quantitative and qualitative data of client businesses and households
- Prepare loan documents for Credit Committee
- Present loan files to Credit Committee
- Enter loan files in the MIS
- Post-loan Disbursement
- Conduct monitoring visits to business and households
- Follow-up on loan repayment
- Manage loan recovery from active and write-off client until the last
- Assess the impact of loan before renewal
- HND minimum
- Basic Knowledge in accounting, finance and mathematics
- Previous work experience or training in sales (preferred)
- Applicants must be between the age of 20 – 35 years
- Applicants must reside within the location he/she is applying for
- Fluent in English (written/spoken)
- Target oriented
- Articulate and well-spoken
- High level of integrity
- Dynamic and motivated individuals who like to work outdoors
Job Title: Group Loan Manager
Supervisor: Reporting to the Head of Operations
- Baobab holding has over 4 000 employees over 10 countries to offer financial services to more than 980 000 clients through their network of more than 235 branches.
- To make sure Baobab achieves his mission to improve the daily life of their clients, they want to offer more than only financial services by leveraging their current experiences and network in the countries it’s operating currently.
- Hence, Baobab holding introduced a new department; Baobab+. This department is dedicated to distribute non-financial products in the African markets addressing the challenges in the daily life of the clients and their family’s:
- Access to proper
- Access to proper and reliable energy,
- Digital inclusion.
- To build up group loan business within a designated market.
- Promotes group lending
- To monitor the performance of the Group loan.
- Provides operational guidance to group loan officers and approves requests for loans beyond the officers approval limits.
- Responsible in the implementation of the group loan product to Baobab branches and develop the product based on market need and market change
- Personally handles the most complex loans and most difficult credit approvals.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Responsible for overall group loan operations management and supervision of the group loan operations staff. This includes boarding, servicing, accounting and reporting functions for the bank’s group loan portfolio, which includes consumer, commercial, mortgage and lease transactions.
- Will design and administer system processes and procedures to ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Responsible to lead, train and supervise the operations staff to ensure department meets organizational goals.
- Responsible for audit of group loan operation activity, reviews daily reports for accuracy, and responsible for monthly and/or quarterly reports as required.
- University degree in Business Administration, Management or General Economics
- Certification in Microfinance banking (preferred)
- Prior experience in Microfinance banking and Group Lending
- Minimum 8 years general banking experience with at least 5 years’ experience on Group Lending Must have hands on experience in Credit Analysis &; Administration, Sales, Relationship Management, Customer Service, commercial and product development functions of a commercial bank at managerial level.
- Past experience (highly valuable)
- Ability to work in synergy and harmony with the branches ( BM ) for the continuous success of the product.
- To Maintain a high level of productivity and keep a very low level of risk for financial viability and sustainability of the product.
- Communicates with bank management to promote efficient and accurate work flow while also establishing positive working relationships.
- Ensure lending staff is provided with updates and procedural changes.
- Adheres to all State and Federal Banking Regulations on group lending,
- Receive and research new regulations, policies and procedures and implement them.
- Staying current on compliance and regulations by attending seminars and reading available information.
- Ensure necessary changes or recommendations have been implemented as directed.
- Successfully interact with group loan operation staff to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained where necessary.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Perform other related work and duties as assigned.
- Excellent computer skills
- Analysis skills
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving and ability to multi –task in a fast pace environment
- Ability to analyze and calculate figures and amounts on complex loan transactions
- Required knowledge of Operations
- Rigorous and disciplined
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, organizational skills and discretion with confidential material
- High Integrity
Application Deadline 11th January, 2020.