The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Assistant / Technologist
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Summary of Position
- The incumbent shall also ensure that lab safety rules are adhered to in accordance with the University’s laboratory standard operating procedures.
- The Laboratory Assistant/Technologist is charged with the responsibility of preparing for and supervising practical laboratory sessions, responding to the needs of the faculty and student research projects, handling of minor maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment as well as the preparation of solutions and setting-up of equipment for scheduled labs.
Requirements for the Position
- Excellent knowledge of safety and emergency procedures in science labs.
- Ability to organize work effectively and deal calmly and patiently with faculty members and students in the face of time pressures.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- HND or Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Microbiology from a reputable tertiary institution.
- At least 1 year experience and skills in science laboratory environment.
- Professional experience in field is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of chemicals and supplies in the science area.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Research experience
- Attention to details
- Must demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm, and ability to work independently without supervision
- Molecular biology skills
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Application Deadline Open Until Position is Filled
- This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.