Brookstone is a full service real estate development company. We specialize in the entire lifecycle of a real estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management. We leverage 25+ years of management experience to deliver best in class development services within our projects. Our principals’ track record includes residential, commercial and retail across various markets in Nigeria valued at over $400M. We use a yield driven approach to achieve a development’s highest and best use.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finishing Foreman
Job Type: Full-Time
- The candidate will work closely with our Construction Unit and be responsible for the day-to-day handling of the company’s Construction Finishing, we’re an energetic company and we are looking for a passionate individual to join our organization and bring strategic value to construction Projects.
- We’re looking for an organized and goal driven Finishing Foreman to join our growing team.
- Ensuring work is carried out to the highest of standards
- Dealing with all Health and Safety issues on site
- Ability to motivate labourers and Sub-Contractors
- Provide clear leadership and direction to the site team while maintaining a professional manner is essential
- Develop and oversee Quality Standards on all sites
- Monitor and Manage Project Budgets on all sites
- Manage construction budgets and track construction costs
- Ensure that all machinery and tools are available to the crew and everything is in proper order and state of maintenance
- Perform inspections to ensure that the crew’s performance is up to the set standards
- Ensure that all materials, supplies, tools, and equipment are procured in a time efficient manner
- Monitor daily construction procedures to ensure that proper quality is maintained and that schedules are being followed
- Create job progress reports regularly and ensure that any significant information is communicated to the project manager and Managing Partners
- Implementation of daily and weekly programmes together with the issue of programme detail to sub-contractors
- Attending weekly management team meeting for Brookstone Construction team
- Overseeing of various internal and external works including civil works, M&E, flooring, joinery, ceilings, etc., and snagging to push the build over the line
- Ensuring that they are finished on time and on budget
- Good finishing experience, with a good eye for detail
- Maintaining the site diary – recording manpower levels for each sub-contractor and keeping detailed notes of all site activities
- Assisting with the control of plant and equipment on site
- Co-ordinating and managing of subcontractors
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven track record in Retail/Commercial Fit-out Projects
- Basic use of emails, computer use desirable
- Associate’s Degree in Construction Management.
- Management experience and experience with some of the technical aspects of a project, such as carpentry, concrete work, plumbing and electrical work.
- 7+ years General Foreman / Finishing Foreman experience
N250,000 – N350,000 /month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 28th February, 2020.