KPMG Nigeria – Our client, a retail distribution company with multiple outlets across the country, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Operations
- The company strives to ensure excellent customer satisfaction and top-notch shopping experience to customers.
- In line with its desire to fill key roles with best in-class talent, the company is seeking to fill the role of a Head of Operations, an exceptional individual with proven track record.
Detailed Job Description
- The individual is responsible for building motivation within the teams for high performance and effective leadership/ management of all retail staff.
- The role will contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and review of business strategy that maximizes the retail net profit by driving sales and controlling costs at branch and regional level.
- Design and implement business growth strategy, sales budget for the regional branches, departmental managers and ensure systems are in place to monitor progress of set business target.
- Generate ideas about future retail activities to ensure a cutting-edge strategy; maintain up to date knowledge of the retail market, competitors and current retail trends.
- Control and monitor company policies and procedures that maximise sales, reduce cost & drive efficiency in the retail disciplines of stock management/ cash management/ POS/ security & customer service.
- Influence and support the retail element of the annual budget process, ensuring understanding and compliance from operations team.
- Review financial data and support branch managers in providing realistic input into the sales budget.
- Define retail operating standards and ensure that these are achieved consistently across all retail outlets including planogram, merchandising, housekeeping standard and promotional display.
- Monitor SKUs, store layout spaces and promotional performance.
- Translate strategic goals into retail operational plans to achieve targeted growth in sales & profit; identify and optimise promotional opportunities ensuring these are coordinated with wider mind promotions and campaigns.
- Coordinate customer feedback and complaints, ensuring that customer service is acknowledged to be the core function of all retail staff.
- Develop corporate policy driving display, merchandising, pricing and product grading whilst observing competitive retail trends.
- Monitor stock in each branch, ensuring that, there are adequate supplies.
- Identify methods of stock generation in conjunction with the store manager and respond to stock concerns where relevant.
- Ensure the retail operation complies to all policies and procedures relating to Security, Health and Safety; influence any change necessary to meet statutory requirements and ensure minimum risk to staff members and the business.
- Work with the HR Business Partner to ensure people management issues are satisfactorily resolved and relevant HR policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Proactively manage and review the performance and progress of branch managers and their regions in order to achieve set objectives and targets.
- Maintain & constantly develop innovative and cost-effective stock generation; monitor stock weekly to achieve bottom line sales budget against monthly targets.
- Uphold the fundamental principles of the company and promote equal opportunities policy.
- A first degree in any relevant discipline
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a structured retail organization of which 6 years must be in a managerial capacity
The Ideal Candidate should possess:
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Excellent organisational development skills
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office skills like Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Front end retail management experience (a must have)
- Excellent financial acumen
- Excellent retail analytics
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply