United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Programme Associate, (G-6)
Job Number: 530051
Work Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Purpose of the Post
Under the supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the Programme Associate supports the respective section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring their country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
- Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Monitors and tracks the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
- Support to programme development, planning and execution:
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results:
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision / follow up.
- Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
Support in resource mobilization:
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his / her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
Support in Knowledge Management and capacity building:
- Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to program processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
- Researches, analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building.
- Background / familiarity with local context is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station being Hausa is preferred but not desired.
- Completion of secondary education preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience.
For Every Child, You Demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies Required For This Post Are:
- Planning and organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures.
- Applying technical expertise
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th March, 2020.