Brookstone is a full service real estate development company. We specialize in the entire lifecycle of a real estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management. We leverage 25+ years of management experience to deliver best in class development services within our projects. Our principals’ track record includes residential, commercial and retail across various markets in Nigeria valued at over $400M. We use a yield driven approach to achieve a development’s highest and best use.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Real Estate Development Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Level: Experienced
- Do you appreciate the value that can be created by comprehensive market feasibility and analysis, design oversight, financial analysis, sales/leasing interactive advertising and project management?
- Are you looking for a performance-driven culture where the focus is creating great developments where people love to live, work, play and a work environment which will challenge your real estate acumen?
- If so, you may be a good fit as the Real Estate Development Manager for our team in Lagos, Nigeria, and we’d love to hear your story.
- At Brookstone, our focus is maximizing shareholder value while achieving unparalleled client satisfaction.
- Are you an innovative and creative Real Estate deal maker who has a history of successfully executing commercial real estate transactions or executing development projects?
- Do you have experience working in commercial, retail, and residential projects?
- Are you able to add value through every step of the development process including sourcing and acquiring land, office/retail leasing, financial modelling and analysis, and project oversight?
The Real Estate Development Manager has two main functions:
- Develop Brookstone’s project pipeline by cultivating relationships with and developing business from land owners, and off-takers including retail, office, and residential off-takers, and
- Manage Brookstone’s development Portfolio from inception to completion including project conceptualization, design oversight, execution team sourcing, attaining financing, Project management and delivery. Thus, you will assist in areas covering Planning, Construction, Sales & Marketing, Financial Management & Reporting, Stakeholder Engagement and Management, Acquisitions and Procurement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with multiple teams including the Property Management Team, Leasing Team, Finance Team, and the Legal Team to drive the progress of a project.
- Prepare budget models, investor memorandums and tenant leasing documents
- Drive with land acquisition including site visits, due diligence, liaising with agents and owners, preliminary financial analyses and securing anchor tenants
- Participation in design meetings with the architects, engineers and project team members
- Assist with negotiation of project legal documents, contracts, leases, etc.
- Participation in marketing/leasing strategy sessions.
- Oversee Development Team meetings.
- Manage negotiation meetings with the contractors/consultants, vendors, tenants, etc.
- Support the Management Team to acquire, develop, and manage commercial real estate development opportunities and perform tasks to support these endeavours
- Participate in all phases of complex developments including underwriting, internal investment approval, due diligence, financing, closing, development, and management
- Work with other development team members to prepare presentation materials for senior management, investors, JV partners, lenders, planning authorities, etc.
- Interact with senior management on a daily basis to drive decisions which affect ongoing projects
- Perform analyses by creating financial models and make recommendations to senior management based on these analyses
Requirements, Skill and Knowledge
- Ability to produce quality work in a consistent manner.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Adaptability to changing demands.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while under pressure.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, contractors, tenants, and/or vendors in an articulate, courteous, and business-like manner at all times.
- Results orientated.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Marketing, Architecture, Project Management or related field.
- Minimum of five years of direct experience within property development, property finance, or property leasing.
- Strong understanding of the development life cycle around commercial and residential assets
- Ability to negotiate while thinking of your feet
- Strong financial modelling skills preferred
- Proven interest and experience in real estate
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
N250,000 – N400,000 /month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 28th February, 2020.