North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria is an International Development Organization.
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Development Facilitator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Term: Full-time
- The Community Development Facilitator (CDF) is responsible for grass-roots development of project concepts and activity submissions.
- The CDF will interact with community groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), associations and other groups implementing NLCB-funded activities or potential activities.
- The CDF will work with groups to develop activity ideas and summaries, refine project concepts during the YL / GL phase, assist in the creation and negotiation of budgets, as well as be the primary field oversight for ongoing activities.
- This position will be based at Borno state office, located in Maiduguri and with planned expansion, other parts of the state, with program activities expected to be carried out throughout the following specified LGAs. Travel is expected.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Community Development Facilitator reports to the Program Manager based at Maiduguri, Borno State.
Primary Responsibilities and Deliverables
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with community groups, NGOs, CBOs associations and other community stakeholders to identify potential partners for the project activities.
- Identify potential activities at the community level for project support.
- Collect information on program activities, including beneficiary targets.
- Work with Program, M&E and Grants teams to create and maintain project trackers.
- Support review of final Evaluation Reports and grant closing.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field.
- Facilitate linkages between communities as needed.
- Work with Program Manager (PM), and Abuja-based Program team, develop project ideas identified for support for YL / GL submission.
- Work with community organizations to budget and prepare logistics activities
- Monitor and report on routine program operational activities and scheduled program events, reporting activity summaries to PM and Abuja-based Reporting Officer.
- Work with staff to ensure project attendance at local events.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in Political Science, International Affairs or other related Social Sciences field is preferred.
- Three years of general work experience with at least two years of related experience is required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in North Eastern part of Nigeria is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Prior experience with international organizations or international-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management skills are required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the “Job title and Location” on the subject line, your Cover Letter and Resume / CV.
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all work experiences and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 20th March, 2020.