Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited, a leading international player in marine services, Bourbon offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Accountant – M/F
Contract type: Permanent Contract
Job type (offshore/onshore)
- Manages accounting activities in his/her scope related to the financial reporting and transactional accounting of the company.
- Applies rules/standards to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Accomplishes tasks within monthly schedule to meet Group standards and deadlines.
Description and Expected Outcome / Performance Indicators
- Manage the general accounting under local and IFRS& GAAPS. Manage his/her team if/when relevant.
- Prepare and book closing accounting entries under local GAAPS and IFRS.
- Ensure the preparation of financial reporting for the Group in collaboration with the persons in charge of controlling.
- Receives and registers suppliers’ invoices for Logistics, Supply and Onne Office in AP ORACLE.
- Investigates/tracks all delayed invoices for approval by managers
- Returns all rejected invoices to suppliers
- Sorts suppliers’ invoices by business area and dispatches to the relevant manager for approval.
- Maintains a tracking of invoices out on approval in ORACLE.
- Receives approved invoices from Managers, confirms validity of signature and enters appropriate codes in AP according to Chart of Accounts using nature of cost as described on invoice and data on the Manager Charge Stamp.
- Regularly runs Un-Validated Invoices and investigates old items.
- Receives, checks and dispatch petty cash dockets to the appropriate locations.
- Ensures invoices are sent at least weekly to Finance in Lagos.
- Maintains a regular communication with AP accounting regarding issues, eg new supplier set-up, delayed approvals.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Accounting, Business Administration, Social Science or Related Course.
- Post Graduate or Master’s Degree in a function related field will be an asset.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with either ICAN, ACCA, CFA.
- Must have at least 3 years’ relevant experience in account payable, Audit and other Finance related positions
- Minimum of 1-3 years Marine & Logistics (Oil and Gas) experience in a similar role is mandatory
- High initiative and ability to work with no supervision
- MS Office and exposure to ERP systems.
Minimum level of education required:
- 3 – Bachelor’s degree (3 years)
Minimum level of experience required:
- 2-5 years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply