Revolutions Consulting and Environmental Services – Our client, an American hospitality firm based in Lagos State, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory / Stock Controller
- Under general supervision from the management team, an inventory controller performs an array of tasks that are essential to the company’s operations and success.
Here are the essential duties of this role:
- Organizes and maintains the inventory floor area to ensure efficient material storage and handling. He also supervises labeling systems on the stock items.
- Provides routine management data regarding inventory performance, which involves evaluating and monitoring usage and cost of materials, consumables and scrap.
- Creates and maintains accurate written procedures for the primary inventory control functions and processes, ensuring accuracy and integrity of the stock management system implemented.
- Implements improvement systems and processes to reduce inventory setbacks, while minimizing costs and maximizing working capital. He also ensures that work orders are fully and properly completed and that all stocks have been correctly allocated to corresponding jobs.
- Creates daily reports to control the key critical areas of the stock system and address any discrepancy. This task involves managing control measures to make sure inaccuracies and errors are highlighted and resolved.
- Coordinates periodic safety inspections and testing of any specialized piece of utility equipment.
- Ensure all departments abides by the Company policy as regards inventory counts procedural methods and measurements.
- Assess inventory output on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis to identify trends in productivity.
- Manage cycle counts of product inventories on a regular basis.
- Develops the inventory management strategy of the company with the goal to control costs within budget, generate savings, rationalize inventory and maximize the working capital available.
- Maintains and manages inventory of materials and stocked products, which include stock locations and profiles. Using a mainframe computer, he accounts for receipts of new items, returns, back-orders and associated issues, and inputs essential data on all the handled materials, while adhering to strict accounting and auditing procedures.
- Controls perpetual inventory stock counting and accuracy checks, processes and approves payment invoices, and investigates discrepancies (in reported quantities and locations of all inventory) and shortages to minimize overstocks and remove redundant and obsolete raw materials.
- Ensures that the inward goods and stock are properly controlled and organized for sufficient production support and for the achievement of corporate goals.
- Based on suggested and computer-monitored order listings, he supervises regular cycle counts of inventory materials and assists in conducting yearly physical inventory counts.
- Ensures inward products are received and managed according to the company’s standard procedure, so materials will be readily available for production or whenever needed.
- Good Customer Relationship and excellent service
- Accuracy in figures and ability to detect abnormalities from a glance.
- University Degree B.Sc. in Accounting or any Social Sciences
- 5-year experience in similar position
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 9th March, 2020.