Chiropractor Job Description
Job Descriptions > Healthcare and Medical > Chiropractor
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Chiropractor? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Chiropractor? What does a Chiropractor do?
Job Description of a Chiropractor
Chiropractors use a variety of physical techniques and therapies in the treatment and rehabilitation of patients who are suffering from disorders and/or injuries of the back or musculoskeletal system.
Chiropractors help clients to recover from disorders of the back or musculoskeletal system through the use of manipulation/supportive techniques, specialist equipment and physical exercise.
They correct spinal problems/injuries by applying manual force and/or making adjustments with their hands or specialist equipment. Chiropractors often also take patients’ general health, lifestyle and well being into consideration to provide more holistic treatments.
Chiropractor Duties and Responsibilities
Chiropractor job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Working with patients to learn about injuries or identify health concerns and create a plan for treatment or management.
- Using tests, such as x-rays or ultrasounds, to better understand a patient’s condition.
- Administering holistic treatments, such as spinal manipulation, adjustments, massage, and hot and cold compresses.
- Providing patients with tips to improve their lifestyle, including nutrition, exercise plans, and stretches.
- Tracking patient information, keeping detailed records of conditions and care.
- Attending conferences and workshop to keep current with development in Chiropractic care.
- Referring patients to other doctors or specialists, as needed.
Chiropractor Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Chiropractor job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Doctorate of Chiropractic degree.
- State license and valid malpractice insurance.
- Some positions may require specialization in a particular aspect of Chiropractic care, such as accidents, sports injuries, the elderly, etc.
- Strong communication and active listening skills.
- Ability to analyze patient conditions based observations and medical tests.
- A commitment to providing the best possible care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of neuro-musculoskeletal injuries, conditions, and treatments.
- Understanding of stretches, exercises, therapies, and dietary changes that may help patients manage their overall health.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Chiropractor starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Chiropractor job description template to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Chiropractor may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Chiropractor Job Description