Computer Operator Job Description
Job Descriptions > Information Technology > Computer Operator
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Computer Operator? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Computer Operator? What does a Computer Operator do?
Job Description of a Computer Operator
A Computer operator is a role in IT which oversees the running of computer systems, ensuring that the machines, and computers are running properly.
Computer operators are eesponsible for supervising the operation of computer hardware systems and ensuring machines are functional and secure. Sets controls on computers and devices to run jobs. Maintains logbooks for job runs and lists malfunctions.
Computer Operator Duties and Responsibilities
Computer Operator job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Setting up computers and other hardware devices.
- Meeting with the IT team to determine the sequence of operations.
- Responding to user requests and problems.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Maintaining supply inventory.
- Ensuring the security of the company’s computer systems.
- Starting operations by entering computer commands.
- Monitoring error and stoppage messages.
- Correcting errors, loading paper, and adjusting equipment settings.
- Troubleshooting equipment malfunctions and software errors.
Computer Operator Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Computer Operator job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Proven work experience as a Computer Operator.
- Advanced knowledge of computer electronics including circuit boards, chips, processors, and peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge of administration and clerical procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of modern operating systems, Enterprise, networking, and Office software.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Computer Operator starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Computer Operator job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Computer Operator may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Computer Operator Job Description