Database Developer Job Description
Job Descriptions > Information Technology > Database Developer
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Database Developer? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Database Developer? What does a Database Developer do?
Job Description of a Database Developer
Database Developers, also called database programmers, are primarily responsible for creating and implementing computer databases. They determine the best database management system for a particular client, as well as test database programs for efficiency and performance and troubleshoot and correct problems.
Database Developer Duties and Responsibilities
Database Developer job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Gathering all salient information regarding the intended functions of each database.
- Receiving requests pertaining to the layout, appearance, and special features of each database.
- Designing and creating appropriate frameworks that are sufficiently large.
- Creating technical documents that outline the purpose, capacity, and guidelines attached to each database.
- Providing practical guidance on the use and migration of each database.
- Servicing and updating databases, as required.
- Configuring databases such that they are able to withstand attacks and the loss of information.
- Reviewing each development to detect and amend coding and typographical errors, as well as bugs.
- Formulating data dictionaries that are congruent with task specifications.
Database Developer Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Database Developer job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or adjacent field.
- Certificate in Database Development is strongly advantageous.
- Exceptional critical thinking and troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to craft detailed technical manuals.
- Accommodating and patient.
- Demonstrable experience as a Database Developer.
- Portfolio of previous developments is preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, C++, or Java, with a preference for more than one of these.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Database Developer starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Database Developer job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Database Developer may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Database Developer Job Description