Healthcare Assistant Job Description
Job Descriptions > Healthcare and Medical > Healthcare Assistant
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Healthcare Assistant? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Healthcare Assistant? What does a Healthcare Assistant do?
Job Description of a Healthcare Assistant
A Healthcare Assistant, also known as a Nursing Assistant and Auxiliary Nurse, assists healthcare professionals to provide care to patients in hospitals, nursing homes, or in the home of the patient.
Healthcare Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Healthcare Assistant job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Ensuring that supplies and medical equipment are replenished.
- Improving the mobility of patients.
- Measuring patients' weight.
- Preparing patients for therapy.
- Making up beds, giving out bedpans, and collecting bedpans.
- Setting up equipment required by Healthcare Professionals.
- Taking the temperature, blood pressure, and blood glucose levels of patients, and recording the results.
- Recording the pulse rate of patients.
Healthcare Assistant Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Healthcare Assistant job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- NVQ Qualification in Health and Social Care.
- Pass a medical check.
- Clear background check.
- Good communication skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Physically able to lift patients.
- A tactful and approachable personality.
- Previous experience in a caring role, preferred.
- Previous medical experience is useful but not essential.
- The desire to work with all people, irrespective of background, race or creed.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Healthcare Assistant starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Healthcare Assistant job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Healthcare Assistant may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Healthcare Assistant Job Description