In Nigeria, for any vehicle to be considered road worthy, it must have a valid Number Plate. This is acquired through a complete registration at any Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) office nearest to you.
It’s important to ensure that your vehicle registration number isn’t counterfeit so you don’t break government laws.
In this post, you’ll be shown steps to check the validity of your Car Number Plate registration through the Federal Road Safety Commission’s National Vehicle Identification System.
Verify The Authenticity Of Your Car Registration
There are two ways of checking the authenticity of your number plate:
A. Check Vehicle Number Plate Registration Online
- Log on to Federal Road Safety Commission’s National Vehicle Identification System via https://nvis.frsc.gov.ng/
- Enter your “New Number Plate” registration number in the text field provided
- Click on “Submit” button
B. Check Car Number Plate Registration Through SMS
Send the Number Plate in The following format ”verifyplateno the number plate” to 33324. For example “verifyplateno ABC123AA” to 33324.
- There is no space between “verifyplateno”
- There is space between verifyplateno and the registration number
- There is no space between the number “ABC123AA”
- The check is applicable only for New Number Plates
- If the response is that the number is not yet assigned, then you have not completed the registration, so get back to the office or “whoever” handled the registration for you.